"Big 12 doesn’t have enough quality football games"

I know the B12 tried to spin it as we would have had 2 BCS teams several years if it weren't for that game and because of that lost out on BSC bowl money. However. . .when the numbers were really looked at the Big 12 made more money from their championship game than had they had a second team in the BCS. So I guess the spin doctor Dan was wrong in his facts. Just like he'll be off when the new TV contracts are made and there isn't the money there. It could have been and should have been there before ESPN and perhaps Fox (int talks with Oklahoma) made sub-contracts with the biggest draws from the league. All it will take is one of the little kids to get pissed when they lose a few million out of their TV share to got to A&M a few years when A&M finishes worse in the league than one of them.

What's sad/pathetic about Beebe is the precedent for this happening is already out there--the ACC had just signed their new contract with ESPN, and IIRC, it came out to approx. $14 million/school/year. And the ACC now has a better product, bigger media markets, more national brands, and a championship game.

Add to that a sagging economy (no politics--just stating what's out the window), and there's no way in hell the Big XII will get a better contract than the ACC. Our $22-25 million/yr/school (when we become fully vested) in the B1G has been projected to flirt with $30 million/yr./school when the B1G ESPN/ABC contract is up for bid in a few years (especially if the reports of Fox Broadcasting--not Fox Sports Cable--wanting to get into NCAA Football broadcasting are true).

We could realistically be looking at making double what the Big XII (save for Texas) will be making, assuming they're still around.

And the question at that point is whether or not Beebe will be able to escape unscathed, or if the non-Whorn schools will draw and quarter Beebe for malfeasance in a court of law.

Oh, I think you should make no mistake, NU knew what it was doing and took delight in it (rightfully so). As far a NC game, there are polar oppisites on the subject. I personally think without very good non conf games they wont stand a chance, the sos is just not there.

Now look at B10, sos is very strong no matter who the non conf is, it will now be harder to have several 1 loss teams and more likely to have an undefeated. B10 and sec will be fighting it out most years, with pac10 in the mix now and again. Problem seems to be most teams cant get it done against the sec. Going to more NC games would be great but losing them would be worse. Hopefully B10 is now ready to start making the push on the sec.

Well, i guess the Sooners have cute girls that go there.. YA.. HOTTIES!!! see found something.

You sure got that right!

outranny.jpg

The first time I saw this picture (or one similar to it), I thought it was joke. This Oklahoma cheerleader (dude) was on the sidelines for the CCG.

First time my wife and I saw this, we had to do a doubletake on the DVR. We figured that this was simply a fraternity prank/hazing by OU for whatever reason, and that ABC would out this guy on TV.

Perhaps OU should start importing cheerleaders along with football players from Texas?

The Big Ten and Pac-10 seemed to field a lot of teams in the championship without a conference championship game and it is highly unlikely that a one loss team from the big10|SEC|pac12 would get in over an undefeated Big 12 team. Look at this year a one loss team probably wouldn't have gotten in over TCU and the Big 12 teams will have a stronger schedule then TCU did. I think not having a championship game could actually improve their title hopes.

The thing that has changed, though, is that prior to this realignment, half of the 4 strongest BCS conferences had no championship game. The Big -2 is now the odd man out with no CCG, and I do think it will hurt them. Also, the Big -2 is now a weaker conference, which could harm them when voters begin to question the strength of conference play when voting.

Generally, if you've got an undefeated UT or OU, and a 1 loss champ from one of the other big 4 conferences, you're absolutely right that it's probable that an undefeated Big -2 champion will get in. But when it becomes dicier when you have a 1 loss team from one of the other "big 4" conferences that demolishes a highly ranked opponent their CCG (seems to be most likely to occur in the SEC, but also possible in Big10/Pac12). It's not hard to envision scenarios where the BCS points just don't fall into place for the Big -2 champion. Even this past season, many were predicting that a 1 loss Auburn could still get into the national championship game over undefeated TCU or BSU teams if AU had lost to Alabama.

As for the OU cheerleader, there's a monster thread over on shaggybevo about her. It turns out that she is a female with a medical condition that affects her appearance. Some of those guys tracked down her facebook profile and got pretty vile with comments an the shaggy thread. I'd hate to see something similar happen on this board.

link: http://www.shaggybevo.com/board/showthread.php/80197-ou-transgender-cheerleader

The Big Ten and Pac-10 seemed to field a lot of teams in the championship without a conference championship game and it is highly unlikely that a one loss team from the big10|SEC|pac12 would get in over an undefeated Big 12 team. Look at this year a one loss team probably wouldn't have gotten in over TCU and the Big 12 teams will have a stronger schedule then TCU did. I think not having a championship game could actually improve their title hopes.

The thing that has changed, though, is that prior to this realignment, half of the 4 strongest BCS conferences had no championship game. The Big -2 is now the odd man out with no CCG, and I do think it will hurt them. Also, the Big -2 is now a weaker conference, which could harm them when voters begin to question the strength of conference play when voting.

Generally, if you've got an undefeated UT or OU, and a 1 loss champ from one of the other big 4 conferences, you're absolutely right that it's probable that an undefeated Big -2 champion will get in. But when it becomes dicier when you have a 1 loss team from one of the other "big 4" conferences that demolishes a highly ranked opponent their CCG (seems to be most likely to occur in the SEC, but also possible in Big10/Pac12). It's not hard to envision scenarios where the BCS points just don't fall into place for the Big -2 champion. Even this past season, many were predicting that a 1 loss Auburn could still get into the national championship game over undefeated TCU or BSU teams if AU had lost to Alabama.

The voters have a hard on for the SEC. SEC would be the only conference that could break norms and get what it wanted.

As for the OU cheerleader, there's a monster thread over on shaggybevo about her. It turns out that she is a female with a medical condition that affects her appearance. Some of those guys tracked down her facebook profile and got pretty vile with comments an the shaggy thread. I'd hate to see something similar happen on this board.

link: http://www.shaggybevo.com/board/showthread.php/80197-ou-transgender-cheerleader

The thread on Shaggybevo is pretty ruthless. I think that cheerleader needs a makeover like Bo needs a PR staff. They posted plenty of pictures where she isn't hideous. I bet if they stopped painting her like it was Halloween all the air wouldn't be sucked out of the room every time she was on TV.

DQtPn.jpg

The makeup they wear on the sidelines is designed to be visible 50 rows away, so it's a terrible representation of "beauty."

Years ago we had a bachelor party down at Arrowhead, and had some cheerleaders come to our tailgate to hang out. They were done up for the game and, beautiful as they were, that makeup made them look like clowns. But that's what you have to do for TV, apparently.