Carmelo Anthony traded to the knicks.

n.e.husker

Something about players now choosing where they want to play when still in contract just doesn't seem right.

Yes it is right. Sports are loyal to no one. So why should players be? Why should Carmelo play for a crappier team because his current boss wants to send him there cause he won't hurt the team? The owners are just getting theirs now that's all.

The problem with it is unless your a team that powerhouse players want to go to you will never have a shot at winning a championship. That cancels out all but 4 or 5 teams, so whats the use in being a Minnesota, Charlotte, Memphis, or Milwaukee fan because you know you'll never be any better without the star players. Greed ruins the game weather it's coming from the players or owners.

Something about players now choosing where they want to play when still in contract just doesn't seem right.

Yes it is right. Sports are loyal to no one. So why should players be? Why should Carmelo play for a crappier team because his current boss wants to send him there cause he won't hurt the team? The owners are just getting theirs now that's all.

The problem with it is unless your a team that powerhouse players want to go to you will never have a shot at winning a championship. That cancels out all but 4 or 5 teams, so whats the use in being a Minnesota, Charlotte, Memphis, or Milwaukee fan because you know you'll never be any better without the star players. Greed ruins the game weather it's coming from the players or owners.

Thats why if you were to contract a half dozen teams, the Association might be watchable

Thats why if you were to contract a half dozen teams, the Association might be watchable

It's getting diluted for sure, although baseball is much worse. I'll be honest though, I never watch the NBA in the regular season. I watch a fair amount of college basketball but never the pros. Just my opinion, but the style of play in the NBA is as fun to watch as a combo nude/retirement beach. No thank you.

A lot of these guys are pretty hard to root for too, frankly. I dont know why, but my interest level was much higher back in the day. Isiah Thomas vs. LeBron? For some reason, Isiah was way more compelling to me. (Not saying Isiah was more talented than LeBron. Not saying otherwise either, mind you. Just talking about generating interest, and Thomas and Horace Grant and Pippen and Reggie Miller and The Glove, ect, were able to get my attention occasionally back in the day.) The modern guys just bore the bejesus out of me.*

Of course, my team (if you want to call it that; I wasn't a die-hard fan or anything obviously) was the Sonics and they don't even exist anymore, so...

Edited: *There are a few exceptions, the more I think about it. I like Kevin Durant. I like watching Chris Paul play. But most of the main focus guys just don't do it for me.

No player wants to play for a crappy team in a big city. the only reason Melo went to NY was for his wife. The Knicks only positive is in they are in NY, otherwise crappy team living on past glory.

The Knicks are screwed.

They gave up too much talent to land a guy who isn't even one of the top 10 players in the NBA.

Not too mention, who besides Amare, do they expect to rebound???

What the hell? are you serious? He is in the top 5 players.

1. Kobe Bryant

1. LeBron James

3. Kevin Durant

4. Dwayne Wade

5. Carmelo Anthony

He is higher on that list for best scorers in the NBA. Plus he can rebound better than anyone the knicks traded for him. He averages 7.6 rpg, that is only one less than Amare. The only bad thing about this trade is that he is not a good defensive player, I'll admit that. The knicks have absolutely no chance at a title this year, but they will make the playoffs (I expect at least to conference semis). Once they get a third star player (most likely going to be Chris Paul) then I think they will make the finals for sure. Maybe not win but they will make the finals in the next couple seasons.

The Knicks are screwed.

They gave up too much talent to land a guy who isn't even one of the top 10 players in the NBA.

1. Kobe Bryant

1. LeBron James

3. Kevin Durant

4. Dwayne Wade

5. Carmelo Anthony

He is higher on that list for best scorers in the NBA. Plus he can rebound better than anyone the knicks traded for him. He averages 7.6 rpg, that is only one less than Amare. The only bad thing about this trade is that he is not a good defensive player, I'll admit that. The knicks have absolutely no chance at a title this year, but they will make the playoffs (I expect at least to conference semis). Once they get a third star player (most likely going to be Chris Paul) then I think they will make the finals for sure. Maybe not win but they will make the finals in the next couple seasons.

'Melo's better than Dwight Howard, Amare Stoudemire, Chris Paul, Deron Williams, no f'n way (I'd take Rose, Roy, and Gasol, over him, personally)... I'd take any of those three over Carmelo in a heartbeat...

This is the prime reason I can't stand the NBA. 'Melo's such a greedy b*tch, it's going to cost him a championship. They gave up the booty to get a scorer, thats it. If they make it to the 2nd round of the playoffs this year, i'd be shocked. I know they're hedging their bet they can get a point guard during the off season, because do you want the geriatric Billups running your offense??

The Knicks are screwed.

1. Kobe Bryant

1. LeBron James

3. Kevin Durant

4. Dwayne Wade

5. Carmelo Anthony

'Melo's better than Dwight Howard, Amare Stoudemire, Chris Paul, Deron Williams, no f'n way (I'd take Rose, Roy, and Gasol, over him, personally)... I'd take any of those three over Carmelo in a heartbeat...

This is the prime reason I can't stand the NBA. 'Melo's such a greedy b*tch, it's going to cost him a championship. They gave up the booty to get a scorer, thats it. If they make it to the 2nd round of the playoffs this year, i'd be shocked. I know they're hedging their bet they can get a point guard during the off season, because do you want the geriatric Billups running your offense??

Yes, I think he is better than Howard personally. Howard is not that good of a scorer unless he is an inch away from the hoop. He is a different type of player though, Howard rebounds and plays defense spectacular and Melo scores whenever he feels like scoring (and probably could play decent defense if he wanted to as well. That is the only thing I don't like about him. But maybe he will change sometime). Amare is also slightly under Melo as well. Melo is a better scorer and just as good at rebounding as Amare is not to mention Melo is quicker than Amare. It's hard comparing point guards to any other player. I would much rather have Chris Paul and Deron Williams more than anyone (except Kobe or LeBron). Point Guards is the coach on the floor. The point guard controls the offense and defense. Of course if you could have the best at the point guard position you would take that over anything. But the Knicks will most likely get CP3 next season sometime. So in that case getting Melo now does not hurt one bit. Besides Chris Paul is the one who had the idea of him, Amare, and Melo playing together in New York in the first place, so I don't know how they wouldn't sign him.

Yes, I think he is better than Howard personally. Howard is not that good of a scorer unless he is an inch away from the hoop. He is a different type of player though, Howard rebounds and plays defense spectacular and Melo scores whenever he feels like scoring (and probably could play decent defense if he wanted to as well. That is the only thing I don't like about him. But maybe he will change sometime). Amare is also slightly under Melo as well. Melo is a better scorer and just as good at rebounding as Amare is not to mention Melo is quicker than Amare. It's hard comparing point guards to any other player. I would much rather have Chris Paul and Deron Williams more than anyone (except Kobe or LeBron). Point Guards is the coach on the floor. The point guard controls the offense and defense. Of course if you could have the best at the point guard position you would take that over anything. But the Knicks will most likely get CP3 next season sometime. So in that case getting Melo now does not hurt one bit. Besides Chris Paul is the one who had the idea of him, Amare, and Melo playing together in New York in the first place, so I don't know how they wouldn't sign him.

Melo's a one trick pony. Sure, he can score like nobody's business, but thats it. He'll be great in D'Antoni's system, but thats not going to win a championship. Amare and Howard are what you need to win championships. Inside presence, rebounding and defense. Thats what you need to win championships. All Melo is, is Dominique Wilkins, without the dunks. What did 'nigue ever do in Atlanta??

Baseball has a lot more play in it then a basketball team. Look at the Giants or the Texans, a team can still come out of nowhere something like that would never happen in the NBA.

bullsh#t. 99 Knicks. 8th seed in the East made it to the Finals. Had never been done before.

Yeah that was back in 99' with a very good Knicks team, a glamor team the NBA caters to and one that players want to go too. That was my whole point before this and something like that will never happen again with the way things are going.

Baseball has a lot more play in it then a basketball team. Look at the Giants or the Texans, a team can still come out of nowhere something like that would never happen in the NBA.

bullsh#t. 99 Knicks. 8th seed in the East made it to the Finals. Had never been done before.

Yeah that was back in 99' with a very good Knicks team, a glamor team the NBA caters to and one that players want to go too. That was my whole point before this and something like that will never happen again with the way things are going.

No it was back when the nba season was shortened. The knicks weren't that good if they were 8th seeded. 2007 8th seed Golden St. vs 1st seed Dallas? Golden St. 4-2 over Dallas. There is a reason why 8th seed teams don't make it out of the first round. they suck.

• 1 month later...