SigningDayGraphic.jpg

Player: Paul Thurston

Hometown: Arvada, CO

School: Arvada West HS

Position: OT

Height: 6'5"

Weight: 265

40 time: 5.0

Scholarships: Arizona, Arizona State, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Kansas, Kansas State, Michigan, Northwestern, Nebraska, Notre Dame, Oregon, Stanford, UCLA, Utah

:bigredn:

Rivals: :star :star :star :star

Scout: :star :star :star :star

ESPN: :star :star :star :star

247: :star :star :star :star

• 1 month later...
High On Huskers

“I like their coaches they have a great program out there. I’m going up there (Nebraska) April 15 for the spring game; get a chance to see the campus and everything. This will be my first trip to Nebraska.” Thurston said

Nebraska promoted Tim Beck to offensive coordinator after Shawn Watson took a similar position to Louisville. Thurston wants to see the differences in style of play and wants to talk with offensive line coach Barney Cotton.

Excited About The Huskers

“I talk with Nebraska about every week they are pretty excited about me and I’m pretty excited about them. I talk to Barney Cotton I like him. When he (Cotton) talks to me he’s one of those guys who are not quick to get it over with.” Thurston said

“Barney told me they got an intern there (Brendon Stai) that’s pretty good, he’ll be able to coach out. He told me the intern played in the league for about 11 years so he knows what he’s doing. That should be pretty good.” Thurston said

Huskerjournal

High On Huskers

“I like their coaches they have a great program out there. I’m going up there (Nebraska) April 15 for the spring game; get a chance to see the campus and everything. This will be my first trip to Nebraska.” Thurston said

Nebraska promoted Tim Beck to offensive coordinator after Shawn Watson took a similar position to Louisville. Thurston wants to see the differences in style of play and wants to talk with offensive line coach Barney Cotton.

“I talk with Nebraska about every week they are pretty excited about me and I’m pretty excited about them. I talk to Barney Cotton I like him. When he (Cotton) talks to me he’s one of those guys who are not quick to get it over with.” Thurston said

“Barney told me they got an intern there (Brendon Stai) that’s pretty good, he’ll be able to coach out. He told me the intern played in the league for about 11 years so he knows what he’s doing. That should be pretty good.” Thurston said

Huskerjournal

Good to hear that Cotton is breaking that perception that he isn't much of a recruiter. Sounds like this kid is quite the fan. Chance we snag him after the spring game? Any word on a timetable?

High On Huskers

Huskerjournal

Good to hear that Cotton is breaking that perception that he isn't much of a recruiter. Sounds like this kid is quite the fan. Chance we snag him after the spring game? Any word on a timetable?

Doubtful that he will commit after the spring game. The kids that are coming in for the game are pretty highly recruited, and will wait to make a decision, especially Thurston and McMullen. But, you never know when it comes to recruiting.

Good to hear that Cotton is breaking that perception that he isn't much of a recruiter.

After the past 3 recruiting classes, Cotton should have the perception of a solid, if not very good, recruiter. The OL has, IMO, been the best recruited position on the team under Pelini.

That he doesn't know who Brendon Stai is makes me feel really old.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...