SIGNED OT Paul Thurston

Nexus

I see us getting Beaver, Valentine and Armstrong. I am not confident in landing Lawler yet.

I think Lawler sticks with ASU in the end. Beaver will be tough to get, but I would love to have a rangy corner.

I like seeing Fuller in your sig aspeedlin. That kid is going to be making money playing football one day.

I want Fuller just as bad as I want Andrus Peat. Those two could be program changers, in a good way.

Welcome Paul, the pipeline is coming back!

Thank aspeedlin, I just got off work and it is great to be greeted so kindly.....wait a sec did I miss something here. This to me came out of the blue that the cherry is on the cake now (:sarcasm for those new to the board or a little slow)

Seriously huge pick up(literally and figuratively). Andrus now becomes the cherry for the OL.

Welcome to Husker Nation, Mr. Thurston!

Thought this was an interesting comment:

“Pelini told me that I have the athleticism to play tackle, but in their new system that they’re going to, he sees me as more of a guard,” Thurston told Huskers Illustrated. “The way it looked to me during the game is that they have a lot of their guards pulling and all that stuff. So that’s definitely something I like doing and could see myself doing.”

LINK

Welcome to Husker Nation, Mr. Thurston!

Thought this was an interesting comment:

“Pelini told me that I have the athleticism to play tackle, but in their new system that they’re going to, he sees me as more of a guard,” Thurston told Huskers Illustrated. “The way it looked to me during the game is that they have a lot of their guards pulling and all that stuff. So that’s definitely something I like doing and could see myself doing.”

LINK

Not to bitch or anything but who was the clown(I know it wasn't you Nexus) that chastized me for saying I see Thurston easily moving to guard in the Evan Boehm thread. Gonna have to check that one.

He is in, that linebacker is in and Cotton just got in. I guess 3 in a short time should help some of the haters chill-lax a bit.

yeah, but just imagine how much better we could be doing if our coaches weren't so apathetic about recruiting... <_<

No kidding! haha

you want to read a good one, go to huskeronline.com and read this Shocker, Jaw thinks that Pelini is gone after this year.

Man, some people love not being happy. I bet that Jaw guy would complain while getting head.

i have no problem with being realistic or even pessimistic about questionable areas, but in one post he managed to claim we'll have an inexperienced quarterback (yes, it's a new system, but the kid has seen plenty of live fire, which is the most important part of experience) and that the defense will give up because of the offense (which they haven't done over the last 1.5 seasons of crappy offense, so why would they start now?). both of those are reason enough to question his credibility. i won't touch his cotton hatred, because i think he should be questioned until we see better play, but i think some of his rumors about cotton's ineptitude sound like complete BS.

anyway, side rant over. seems like we're in good shape with this kid. just imagine how much better of a kid we could get if the coaches cared about recruiting though, or if cotton wasn't recruit repellant.

Just by glancing at the thread that I think you are refering to there isn't too much truth to it. A number of posters are well off the mark in that one.