• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

We're less than a week away till BF3 will be released and I can't wait.

DIDDO! I'm assuming from your previous posts you will be on PS3?

my PSN user ID is stunutz

feel free to ad, i'm familiar with COD online, but will be switching to BF3 this time.

The trailor for multiplayer with the fighter jets and tanks look rediculous!

feel free to ad, i'm familiar with COD online, but will be switching to BF3 this time.

Have you played a battlefield game before, stu?

If you haven't, come into it with an open mind. It's nothing like COD gameplay.

Played BF 2 on xbox360 before it broke on me. Never got online, but the campaign and graphics were way better, and the sound effects were superior. I'm def looking forward to something different, COB Black Ops was fun, but I've heard rumors that demos for COD3 isn't bringing much that is new to the table.

Played BF 2 on xbox360 before it broke on me. Never got online, but the campaign and graphics were way better, and the sound effects were superior. I'm def looking forward to something different, COB Black Ops was fun, but I've heard rumors that demos for COD3 isn't bringing much that is new to the table.

I'm not surprised by that. It's the same engine for this game as it was for the last two games. It's essentially a glorified re-introduction of the same ol' game, just with new maps, new weapons, different perk set-ups, etc.

BF3 is going to be the superior game. It may not show in sales, because kids everywhere are asking their parents for the "new call of duty game", but I still feel it will be the superior product.

I'm not surprised by that. It's the same engine for this game as it was for the last two games. It's essentially a glorified re-introduction of the same ol' game, just with new maps, new weapons, different perk set-ups, etc.

BF3 is going to be the superior game. It may not show in sales, because kids everywhere are asking their parents for the "new call of duty game", but I still feel it will be the superior product.

I agree with Enhance. I bought both Mondern Warfare 1 & 2 and Black Ops and it's the same old crap. I know the saying if it's not broke don't fix it but add some new features, guns, graphics, etc. They haven't added anything new this year that jumps out and blows somebody's mind.

I played the BF3 beta and was impressed with a lot of things when it wasn't laggy and glitchy but it still blew my mind. The graphics looked ok and the hit detection was awfull but both will be better and fixed in the final product. The guns, sound, animations, ect are way better than BFBC 2 and I loved when a grenade blows up by a tree and/or bushes, after the explosion both the tree and bush rock back and forth from the pressure of the explosion. BF3 is so realistic and that's one reason why I like it over COD. In my opinion COD is an arcade still looking game that gets boring playing it within a few weeks.

• Fire 1

I played the beta a bit (It didn't survive long before being wiped from my PC). Talk about a boring slow game.

All the pretty graphics and "realism" in the world cant cover that up. Also the leveling systems in fps games now are completely moronic. Quake, Counterstrike, Unreal, etc never needed gimmicks stolen from MMO's to keep people interested. Things like having artificial playtime barriers between you and abilities or weapons in a non-persistent competitive player vs player environment should piss people off, I have no idea why it's become accepted.