Nebraska and USC

Nothing too big here but does it seem like whenever nebraska extends and offer to someone, U$C is always the next team to extend one. I think Monte has made an effort to target the same players, especially on D because of Bo's eye for talent. I'm sure he is also aware of the Nebraska way on molding 3 star players

I noticed that too. It just seems that in the past if they didn't have five stars USC didn't go after them. Now, guys like Turene, that are 3 stars that we offer, they go for. I can't think of others by name, but I remember in reading all of the individual pages over the last recruiting cycle that some lower-ranked guys we were in on were getting looks from USC.

I remember when we played them a few years back the commentator said something about how X number of USC players had Nebraska offers (it was a high number) and zero Nebraska players had USC offers. If that thinking holds true, sure they'll just cherry-pick our guys. I think that'll keep changing now though as I really believe we're getting better at recruiting and the right guys are buying in.

He told AG that he would make him into Reggie Bush.

That's not exactly a good selling point. In fact NU coaches should have been telling AG the same thing, "USC will make you into Reggie Bush, and you don't want that."

I would say that there are at least 26.2 million reasons why AG would want to be the next Reggie Bush.

http://t-wire.com/reggie-bushs-contract/

<LI>Reggie Bush 6-year, $51 milllion ($26.2 million guaranteed)

Come to think about it, USC was contacting Jackson after he committed to NU. That is interesting strategy.

The list is quite long. Some is listed but some info comes from posters here that have inside knowledge.

Not all of this is totally confirmed but it is amazing the names that are on both schools radars.

Anthony Sarao LB committed to USC

Cyrus Hobbi OL committed to USC

Greg Townsend Jr committed to USC DE or DT not sure

Joseph Carter DT JUCO committed to NU but was targeted heavily by USC

Damien Stafford DB JUCO committed to NU but was targeted heavily by USC

Aaron Green RB not listed but rumored here as dual target NU commit

Christian Heyward DT USC commit and NU target

Kent Turene LB USC lock but late target of NU and committed to UGA

Max Wittek QB committed early to USC but NU target too

Cody Kessler QB committed early to USC but NU target too

Jalen Grimble DE USC lean but NU target and signed with Miami

Tre Madden LB USC commit

Charles Jackson DB NU commit but stated here to be USC target after commitment

Tyler Moore NU commit but state here that USC wanted him too

Come to think about it, USC was contacting Jackson after he committed to NU. That is interesting strategy.

The list is quite long. Some is listed but some info comes from posters here that have inside knowledge.

Not all of this is totally confirmed but it is amazing the names that are on both schools radars.

Anthony Sarao LB committed to USC

Cyrus Hobbi OL committed to USC

Greg Townsend Jr committed to USC DE or DT not sure

Joseph Carter DT JUCO committed to NU but was targeted heavily by USC

Damien Stafford DB JUCO committed to NU but was targeted heavily by USC

Aaron Green RB not listed but rumored here as dual target NU commit

Christian Heyward DT USC commit and NU target

Kent Turene LB USC lock but late target of NU and committed to UGA

Max Wittek QB committed early to USC but NU target too

Cody Kessler QB committed early to USC but NU target too

Jalen Grimble DE USC lean but NU target and signed with Miami

Tre Madden LB USC commit

Charles Jackson DB NU commit but stated here to be USC target after commitment

Tyler Moore NU commit but state here that USC wanted him too

Reeves was also supposedly contacted by USC.

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone else think it is odd that an assistant coach ends up at USC and USC just happens to be in on most of our recruits?

I think someone should look into this link with Gilmore and USC.

Think you're reading to much into this, coaches go after who they feel are the best prospects, not who rivals says the the best. I think its more of a case were, we jump on these prospects early to have a better chance at getting these kids, while other schools who don't need to extend an immediate offer like USC wait to evaluate the talent. I see it as a compliment, Bo is offering great players early in the recruiting process. That's hard to do. However I also think that right when Nebraska offers a scholarship to a player (just as if USC were to offer a scholarship to a player) a borderline player quickly becomes more appealing to other universities, especially if its a defensive player. It just as how we offered Sterup after Iowa offered.

Also don't forget that Lane's brother Chris Kiffin was also once on staff, so there were some ties between our universities.

• Fire 1

Does anyone else think it is odd that an assistant coach ends up at USC and USC just happens to be in on most of our recruits?

If Ted Gilmore was anywhere close to being a good recruiter, then I would be a little worried.

• 4 weeks later...

If Ted Gilmore was anywhere close to being a good recruiter, then I would be a little worried.

My point is this: I think he may have been feeding info to USC about NU's recruiting efforts. Just seems like USC is in on a lot of the NU recruits too.

Too weird.