Spring Roster Update

http://www.huskers.com/SportSelect.dbml?spid=22&spsid=4&db_oem_id=100

3 things that stood out.

1. Josh Williams is listed at 290 lbs which is frickin huge for a d end. Dudes put on 35 lbs since last year. Typo? Moving inside? Could it be possible crick could play a bit more on the end?

2. For a dude who has been praised for his explosiveness, thad randle is now 3 bills. It'll be intresting to see if hell be able to get any significant time this year..

3. Our projected starting oline, minus caputo, is ginormous... sirles 320 - Arod 325 - caputo 275 - quale 325 - hardwick 325...

Good to hear. I've noticed in the past that Nebraska's lines (both O & D) have been somewhat undersized compared to their competition's. Hopefully they will be able to put the extra pounds to good use in the Big 10, where size and physicality of linemen seem to be a trademark for the more successful teams in the conference.

wisconsin has a big line and TCU's little guys neutralized them with their speed....all depends on how athletic these guys are, big isn't always better.

TCU didn't neutralize their run game. The badgers rushed for over 2 hondo... they only reason they lost that game was because of NU like mistakes and bone headed play calling.

Couple of things. First, I believe you meant Josh Williams instead of Jason? And yes, 290 is large for a defensive end so I'm interested to see how this affects his playing time as well. Crick however will most definitely stay on the interior because of his experience. The defense won't use the Peso formation as much this year and instead will be relying on the 4-3 base more.

Things that stood out to me:

Antonio Bell is now listed at 200 lbs. Seems like in the past he's been around the 190 lb range so it's good to see him bulk up.

L. David now listed at 220 lbs-hopefully he kept his blazing speed.

Eric Martin listed at 250 lbs so he fits perfectly into the DE frame.

Okuyemi is listed at 270 lbs! I thought this guy looked great on film so hopefully he can make some big strides this spring.

Rome up to 295 lbs and I completely see this guy making a huge impact this year.

Yusef Wade is in fact listed as a running back-if any of the reports are accurate we could see this guy be in the top three on the depth chart.

It's pretty obvious that Dobson was doing some damn good work in the winter.

wisconsin has a big line and TCU's little guys neutralized them with their speed....all depends on how athletic these guys are, big isn't always better.

Small isn't always better. In fact nine times out of ten, I would prefer my team to have the bigger linemen. Not to mention the fact that Wisconsin's line was the envy of all college football last year.

• Fire 1