TE Brent Wilkerson [Penn State Commit]

Nexus

If he has followed the recent success of former Patriot's assistant coaches into the NCAA or a lot of NFL coaches in general..... I disagree that the OC from the Patriots will MAKE him stay. In fact, a lot of Penn State alumni are pissed and it is getting a lot of negative attention on espn.... Advantage Nebraska IMO

Agree 95%. The new HC could just show a tape of Rob Gronkowski from this year. Then again PSU doesn't exactly have a Tom Brady back there (not that we do).

Penn State is a bigger mess today AFTER THE HIRE, than they were yesterday. This is going to be a lot of ugly press the next few days. Many supporters, but a lot more angry people and typically media, going to highlight the negative. Here is our chance to move in !!

LaVar Arrington is taking it well:

LAVARLEAP_normal.jpg

LaVarArrington LaVar Leap Arrington

I'm done all my PSU stuff will be down before obriens introduction! We are! No more for me!

9 hours ago

»

LAVARLEAP_normal.jpg

When in fact they are the very people that should've been fired due to the lack of action!

»

LAVARLEAP_normal.jpg

By the board doing what they've done they have in their minds effectively made Joe pattern and the football team a scapegoat

9 hours ago »

He's only considering us and Penn St. Really hope we can get this guy, it would be incredible to finally get a decent TE prospect.

Kyler Reed? Ben Cotton?

One that can actually block and catch, not just one or the other.

Ben Cotton actually showed this year that he was more reliable than Kyler at catching passes, if you ask me. He really turned into an all-around TE for us.

He's only considering us and Penn St. Really hope we can get this guy, it would be incredible to finally get a decent TE prospect.

Kyler Reed? Ben Cotton?

Ben Cotton actually showed this year that he was more reliable than Kyler at catching passes, if you ask me. He really turned into an all-around TE for us.

I think you just made my point. If Ben Cotton is our best TE and you guys are ok with that than its no wonder why we seem to be slipping farther and farther away from national relevance.

Kyler Reed? Ben Cotton?

I think you just made my point. If Ben Cotton is our best TE and you guys are ok with that than its no wonder why we seem to be slipping farther and farther away from national relevance.

I'm not sure how you can discount how Ben Cotton performed this year for us. I'm not sure what else you want from him...

Kyler Reed? Ben Cotton?

Judging by your disdain for the cottons, I can only assume that Barney must have put you in quite a few lockers back in the day

You're right, I don't like Barney, but its because he's a terrible coach.

My problem is offering scholorships to players that don't deserve them, then accepting and defending their play on the field. Meanwhile wondering why we have slipped into mediocrity.

You're right, I don't like Barney, but its because he's a terrible coach.

My problem is offering scholorships to players that don't deserve them, then accepting and defending their play on the field. Meanwhile wondering why we have slipped into mediocrity.

And Barney is the one who determines who does and does not gets offers? You think Bo would risk his career on making sure his buddies kids get a full ride? If this were going on, you would think Bo's nephew would have gotten a scholarship as well. No offense to your ability to determine who and who isn't worthy of a scholarship from NU, i'm going to go out on a limb and say that the coaches might be just slightly better at evaluating talent.