SIGNED WR Jordan Westerkamp

Nexus

Well, there WAS DJ Woods, but he didn't end up committing. Swigert btw, had a hell of a true frosh year for BC. Led the team in receiving, I think!

His uncle used to post here and we were one of the finalists.

We've had plenty of good WR recruits recently though, high 3*'s and whatnot. Khiry Cooper, Quincy Enunwa, Curenski Gilleylen, these were all good gets. Kinnie wasn't a 4-star?

Really? Khiry and Curenski have been complete non-contributors. Jury is still out on Quincy.

Good recruiting gets. At least Khiry was, pulling him out of LA late

I've seen this young man play several times over the last few years. I would agree with the 3 star ranking.

To Nexus: I would take a Jordan Shipley.... Hopefully he works hard and grows as a player. Could be a nice compliment to Turner on the other side.

Not every white reciever plays like Nate Swift/Wes Welker, fellas. Swift was a great route runner with phenomenal hands, but was limited athletically. Welker plays like he's a greased watermelon in water.

If you wanna stick with white guys only, he is a Shipley/Lance Alworth type of guy. Athletic, great vertical, deep-threat stretch the field kindof guy.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Being in the Chicagoland area I am tracking Westercamp pretty closely. Through 4 games he's at 20 catches for 369 yards and 5 td's, also has a rushing TD. Based on all of the newspaper articles I have seen teams have been trying to bracket him with 2 and sometimes 3 defenders and he's still putting up some great numbers.

I live in downstate Illinois and he played against my high school team in the state championship and tourched the secondary as a junior. I dont have that stats in front of me but I think it was almost 200 recieving and a couple TD's. He runs pretty good routes and has above average speed but he has great hands. Looking forward to watching him progress as a collegiate reciever! GBR!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...