Anyone know who QB #16 is?

GI56

I can't believe NU hasn't retired #15 yet.

They retired his jersey, why do you think they should retire the number?

Never understood that distinction. Forgive my ignorance, but what good is retiring the jersey if you never retire the number?

If we retired numbers everytime we would eventually run out of numbers to use and 4 or 5 guys would end up wearing the same number. It wouldn't be good or legal under ncaa rules eventually.

"Retiring jerseys" is saying this was an all time great. They are basically just saying the guy was a great and they are not "retiring the Jersey" as much as the Name on the jersey.

I can't believe NU hasn't retired #15 yet.

They retired his jersey, why do you think they should retire the number?

Never understood that distinction. Forgive my ignorance, but what good is retiring the jersey if you never retire the number?

If we retired numbers everytime we would eventually run out of numbers to use and 4 or 5 guys would end up wearing the same number. It wouldn't be good or legal under ncaa rules eventually.

"Retiring jerseys" is saying this was an all time great. They are basically just saying the guy was a great and they are not "retiring the Jersey" as much as the Name on the jersey.

Very true, we would have to start using triple numbers or go to fractions for jersey numbers.

If i remember correctly, we they retire a jersey they are retiring the name, not the number. So it seems that no one with the last name Frazier can come to Nebraska and wear number 15 and get his jersey retired. Though it would be pretty awesome to see Carnes get his name retired next to Tommy's.

I get the running out of numbers thing but personally feel #15 is a legend's number and should an exception. A lot of good players have come and gone (and will) but what TF accomplished is second to none. IMO

You're right, but what C N Red is saying (correctly) is that, over the course of 50 years, we're going to have a TON of guys come through here, many of whom will be stars. We have 99 numbers to use and 120+ guys per year. If we keep having a Tommie Frazier every 15 years, we'll start running out of numbers in a century. Seems like a long time, but we've already been playing football for 125 years.

Valid points. But I can think of maybe 3 in history worthy of the "forever" honor. Rogers, Rimington and Tommie. Lots of stars but a select few "suns". 60-3 or whatever his record was speaks volumes. Again, just my opinion.

I would agree with this. If you made a Mounth Rushmore of Husker players, no doubt Tommie would be on there. I don't think anyone would deny that. If he's one of four of the best in history, gotta count him in. Personally I don't think we'll ever permanently retire numbers ever again, because football ain't goin' anywhere.

http://www.huskers.com/SportSelect.dbml?SPSID=4&SPID=22&DB_OEM_ID=100&SORT_ORDER=6&Q_SEASON=2011&PRINTABLE_PAGE=

Site says he is #15, but he is #16, must be a typo?

#16 belongs to Lazarri Middleton.

Brion Carnes has elected to switch his number from #16 which he had last season, to #15 which he will have this upcoming season. He made this announcement through facebook because his uncle Tommy Frazier wore number 15. He said the coaches are making him keep #16 for spring until they order the new jerseys in for fall... then he will be #15. This explains why he is listed as #15 on the roster. Make sense?

No. Who is this TOMMY Frazier that you speak of??????? <_<

16 is Carnes. I didn't see the whole video but you really can't tell anything from that.

Other than Martinez still has the most unnatural motion.

Really? I thought Turner's was worse.

Edit: I might of misunderstood what you meant by unnatural, the way he c&#036;%ks his head is a little unique, but judging from that vid he has the most efficient throwing motion between him, Carnes, and Turner.

Valid points. But I can think of maybe 3 in history worthy of the "forever" honor. Rogers, Rimington and Tommie. Lots of stars but a select few "suns". 60-3 or whatever his record was speaks volumes. Again, just my opinion.

One more seems to come to mind...SUH. Maybe the most decorated player in Husker history. There are so many more, that yeah we would have to double up on numbers soon, if we wanted to go back and retire some very deserving players.

GBR!!!