40 time: 4.46

Scholarships: Buffalo, Miami (FL), Nebraska, North Carolina, Rutgers, Wisconsin

hVI2S.gif

Rivals: :star :star :star

Scout: :star:star:star

ESPN: :star :star :star :star

247: :star :star :star

Husker Offer The Latest

“Actually when I opened the mail today (Monday) they said they offered me. I like Nebraska I heard it’s nice out there, but I want to get a chance and see how it is. I’ll probably be out there in the spring or the summer.” Singleton said

Singleton said Wisconsin and Nebraska are similar in academics and a good football program.

Huskerjournal...

I agree, he could blow up. The thing that might keep him a bit of a secret is where he plays now. NJ, NY and inner city chicago kids tend to get real late notice, due to the terrible football league (if they are at the public schools) the lack of resources not only at their schools but also to get to camps and usually having coaches that are more worried about getting kids to come to school and get them something to eat then worrying about getting film out.

New Orleans Public Schools would be similar as well.

Check the kids out of those 4 places, you will see most of the high profile ones are at the private schools and not the public ones. This kids name is already out there early, it helps that he is at St. Joes Prep.

Apparently didn't make it to Wiscy last year and now is looking around now that Beebs left wiscy. Scout teases he could be visiting NU soon

What do you mean by not making it to wisconsin? didn't make the starting team?

Apparently didn't make it to Wiscy last year and now is looking around now that Beebs left wiscy. Scout teases he could be visiting NU soon

didnt qualify academically, hear he will be here in the spring

sounds good!!! welcome aboard DJ!!!

umm but why is he already listed as soft verbal on rivals?!!!

replaced one soft verbal for another???!!

didnt qualify academically, hear he will be here in the spring

That is huge imo.

Is it certain he will qualify this time around?

ya he got done what he needed to get done as far as i know

here is an article i posted in the official visits thread, he visited Rutgers as well.

According to Singleton, academic qualification is no longer an issue.

"I've done what I need to do, I'm fine with that," he said. "My grades were fine, it was just a few points on the SAT that I had to overcome. But I've taken a few classes and we are where we need to be, now."

http://www.nj.com/ru...lass_of_20.html

Is it certain he will qualify this time around?

Yes, it wasn't his grades that were an issue, just didn't make the SAT score needed. He went to JUCO and has qualified, will be here almost certainly!

Does he have to wait a year to play?

nope he never enrolled at Wisky, will sign on Wed and start classes Jan 9th

side note we could sign 5 players wed

Sandland

Russell

Singleton

Hooks

Gregory, edit; im pretty sure he can sign early even thou he wont be here in the spring, not 100% thou

I think we sign 3 of five..Russell being the other. Lost my faith with Sandland because of Marrow, think he goes to Miami. Hooks is anybodys guess right now between NU ASU Auburn OleMiss, he honestly could go anywhere.

His situation is the same we had with Braylon and Charles Jackson. They didn't qualify, took the year off of football to work on school to get their grades. Main reason we stole him from Wisconsin is because Beilema took off for Arkansas, and the staff at Wisconsin is up in the air.

This guy could be our Hagg type player for us. Has great size and speed already but his hs coach thinks he could get bigger with his frame.

Anyone know how DJ's efforts to qualify academically are going?

Everything I have seen said he is completely good to go, and will be enrolled 2nd semester and participate in spring practice.

• Upvote 1

I don't hate the fact that he's had an extra year to grow into his frame. S is a huge position of need, so good stuff! Welcome aboard D.J.!

Sounds like a good pickup, We need all the help at that position, we can get. Watching the Georgia game, that weakness really showed up.

GBR!!!

Does he have to wait a year to play?

nope he never enrolled at Wisky, will sign on Wed and start classes Jan 9th

side note we could sign 5 players wed

Sandland

Russell

Singleton

Hooks

Gregory, edit; im pretty sure he can sign early even thou he wont be here in the spring, not 100% thou

I think we sign 3 of five..Russell being the other. Lost my faith with Sandland because of Marrow, think he goes to Miami. Hooks is anybodys guess right now between NU ASU Auburn OleMiss, he honestly could go anywhere.

it's important to note also that since he was part of last years class...he has no star ratings for this year from 3 of the 4 agencies (only 247 has him ranked) http://www.huskermax.com/recruits/2013.html

So, he was a 4 star on most rankings and a 3 on some. These stars aren't being factored into Nebraska's national ranking for recruiting for this class. Had they been..we would be a lot higher than in the top 15...we'd be in the top 10 easy.

Having a semester out of college and a spring ball/summer under his belt before fall will give him a good chance of seeing the field this fall. I suspect Harvey Jackson will be one safety and it will be a mystery who the other will be. Could be Cooper, C Jackson, LeRoy Alexander, Daniel Davie or one of the newbys like Singleton or Gerry.

Having a semester out of college and a spring ball/summer under his belt before fall will give him a good chance of seeing the field this fall. I suspect Harvey Jackson will be one safety and it will be a mystery who the other will be. Could be Cooper, C Jackson, LeRoy Alexander, Daniel Davie or one of the newbys like Singleton or Gerry.

I am not so sure that I see Gerry in the mix that early. As good of an athlete he is, he is going to need a year or 2 to adjust to the level of competition he is practicing and playing with. He was the best athlete at his school and arguably in his state, but so was practically everyone else at his position on the team. I hope I'm wrong of course and he tears it up.

I'm hearing the best chance at one safety spot will be CJax. Harvey just isn't getting it from what I've been told, so I think one safety spot is up for grabs.

We can't use this term anymore as it sounds like you are referring to Terrell or Marcus!!

• Upvote 1

We can't use this term anymore as it sounds like you are referring to Terrell or Marcus!!

Or just spell it right, newbies, or use noobs.

• Upvote 1

Coaches like Harvey's game. He can play either safety spot. I really like this prospect though and feel we won't be able to keep him off the field.