Does anyone abstain from watching the NFL?

In my experience I have met very few College Football fans who do not watch the NFL. I am one of these people. Does anyone else not watch?? College Football starts almost two weeks before the NFL kicks off, so I see little to no reason to watch professional football. No, usually not even to watch former Huskers play. If you put all the time together I spend watching the NFL it might equal 2 games with one of them being the super bowl. There are way too many overpaid prima donna crybaby showboat thugs in the NFL and way too much corruption involved. Add the media spin that almost turns a season into a scripted soap opera that reminds me of the WWF and it's enough to turn my stomach. Thats why the same elements seeping their way into college football make me furious. It would be nice to lock up the people involved in coligate corruption and ban them from football for life. It would also be nice to require NFL players to play 4 years of College level football first. I think that would curb some of the thuggery. I love Nebraska football but I do not like the direction college football is taking. Respect, Honor, and dedication are slowly fading away and it's a barometer of not only football but our country as a whole. I hope it changes for the better soon.

• Fire 3

I'm very similar. I might watch 3-4 NFL games a year one of which is the Super Bowl. I dont like some of the rules (i.e cant shove a receiver out of bounds while in the air, and the rediculous protection of the QB) its starting to seep into the college game as well. I just hope it doesnt make me as disinterested in the collegiate game as it has the NFL. I actually watch alot of NHL hockey now as opposed to NFL. I even bought the NHL center ice package and it is sweet.

I don't watch much NFL either, will usually watch the playoffs and the Super Bowl but normally find something other to watch on Sunday's, have never really had a strong interest in any pro team and if I did would get labeled a "fair weather fan" so I just basically stay out of it. Plus I watch enough football on Saturday to make up for not watching on Sunday.

In my experience I have met very few College Football fans who do not watch the NFL. I am one of these people. Does anyone else not watch?? College Football starts almost two weeks before the NFL kicks off, so I see little to no reason to watch professional football. No, usually not even to watch former Huskers play. If you put all the time together I spend watching the NFL it might equal 2 games with one of them being the super bowl. There are way too many overpaid prima donna crybaby showboat thugs in the NFL and way too much corruption involved. Add the media spin that almost turns a season into a scripted soap opera that reminds me of the WWF and it's enough to turn my stomach. Thats why the same elements seeping their way into college football make me furious. It would be nice to lock up the people involved in coligate corruption and ban them from football for life. It would also be nice to require NFL players to play 4 years of College level football first. I think that would curb some of the thuggery. I love Nebraska football but I do not like the direction college football is taking. Respect, Honor, and dedication are slowly fading away and it's a barometer of not only football but our country as a whole. I hope it changes for the better soon.

I do not watch the NFL at all... not even typically, the Super Bowl. My problem is all the arrogant grandstanding --- the displays of self-serving "I'm the man" when a nice catch is made, a big hit is made or when someone gets a sack. I hate that kind of thing and it has so gotten out of hand. It has begun to bleed down to the college level too where.. even there, they let these kids grandstand more than they ought.

I am this way with both basketball and football (I can't watch Basketball at any level). Baseball does not so much lend itself to arrogant displays of this nature and, as such... is OK. Hockey is --- for me --- the greatest sport to watch --- it has by far the most action and excitement, the greatest speed and the elegance of the play is astounding. I like it even more --- much more --- than college football.

So.. no... the NFL is not at all attractive to me... perhaps for reasons different than those for others... but I will not watch it, the NBA or college BBall.

It might have something to do with where you grew up.

I run into "City Folk" that can't understand why I care so much more about Crest er..Collegiate Football than NFL.

College (Div1) lacking a true playoff makes it a little more interesting and naturally more controversial, too so it's got THAT going for it. dedhoarse

I do not watch the NFL at all... not even typically, the Super Bowl. My problem is all the arrogant grandstanding --- the displays of self-serving "I'm the man" when a nice catch is made, a big hit is made or when someone gets a sack. I hate that kind of thing and it has so gotten out of hand. It has begun to bleed down to the college level too where.. even there, they let these kids grandstand more than they ought.

I am this way with both basketball and football (I can't watch Basketball at any level). Baseball does not so much lend itself to arrogant displays of this nature and, as such... is OK. Hockey is --- for me --- the greatest sport to watch --- it has by far the most action and excitement, the greatest speed and the elegance of the play is astounding. I like it even more --- much more --- than college football.

So.. no... the NFL is not at all attractive to me... perhaps for reasons different than those for others... but I will not watch it, the NBA or college BBall.

BLASPHEMER!!!

I am not a pro football fan at all. Will set and watch if it is the only thing on, but normally I can find something else.

I am a motocross fan first I would guess, that is after college football. I watch college football pretty much the whole weekend, any descent team is well worth watching. I enjoy the rivalries and the different chants.

I do not watch NECKCaR. Love indy racing and formula one. MMA is growing on me over boxing. PBR have some truly amazing athletes, gladiators, what ever you want to call them.

But the beauty of MotoCross, is like poetry in slow motion. Eye hand coordination is that of a fighter pilot, conditioning beyond most marathoners. Danger and death chances in every race, unfortunately it has become more of an event/show than it used to be. Supercross has taken on WWE type promotion, which I do not like, but know and respect the talent it takes to do it. Been involved with it for over 30 years.

Women's college volley ball would be my second favorite college sport I think. Although I do like women's basketball, way more than men's. Can not watch the NBA. The girls play basketball, passing and shooting, very seldom dunks which I hate.

But the beauty of MotoCross, is like poetry in slow motion. Eye hand coordination is that of a fighter pilot, conditioning beyond most marathoners. Danger and death chances in every race, unfortunately it has become more of an event/show than it used to be. Supercross has taken on WWE type promotion, which I do not like, but know and respect the talent it takes to do it. Been involved with it for over 30 years.

If I watch NFL, it is because I bet on a game.

My passion is close to skers, but like the road. MotoGP and WSBK (motorcycle road racing)is where it is at. No advertisement like NASCRAP when the racers talk, hell they don't even thank the sponsors. It is all about the racers and bikes. Going around corners with a knee down at 110mph or more is just to exciting.

I used to be huge on NHL until after the strike. Now I will watch alittle here and there.

Main reason I don't watch many entire NFL games is commercials, the whole freaking game has been reorganized to maximize commercial breaks. Half the time I just want a team to get a 1st so they don't have to punt and go to commercial. NFL Red Zone is the only way to watch Sunday football as far as I'm concerned.