Does anyone abstain from watching the NFL?

I used to watch a fair amount. Then I had a girlfriend that basically wouldn't let me spend the whole weekend watching football and I wasn't about to give-up college so the NFL suffered. We broke-up but a gradual loss of interest in the NFL was well on it's way. I'll may have a NFL game on but I pay more attention to my laptop gabbing about what the huskers did the day before.

The older I get the more I love baseball. College football is still my number one, of course. I stopped really watching the NBA and the NFL, because I got tired of the selfishness I would see in these leagues. I kinda see college football going the NBA/NFL route too and it bugs me to be honest.

I watch as much college football as I can. I was watching the Sun Belt Tuesday night games when they were playing those, and thought they were great. If it's college football and I can possibly be around a TV, I'll have a game on, guaranteed.

I watch a fair amount of NFL, too. If the Bears are on I'll have that game on, certainly. But the NFL is usually something I have on in the background, not a sit down, gotta-watch-it kinda thing.

Pretty much the same way knapplc. If an SunBelt game is on a sunday night versus the NFL, I usually watch the Sunbelt game. I absolutely love college football, i just cant get into the NFL. I watch the NFL basically if theirs nothing else or a big game

Yep. To me the NFL is something to have on in the background while you do other things. For me that's typically cooking Sunday dinner, or cleaning my perpetually dirty garage, or some other monotonous chore that's going to keep me in one room. College football, especially weeknight football, is an event for which I make time to sit down and watch. Usually not the whole game because I don't have three hours on end to devote to sitting on my butt, but I'll typically watch a quarter or two of any game I can catch.

A few years back I contributed to a website's pro and college Top 25 lists, and I made a point of watching every NFL team at least once, and as many of the top 40 college teams as I could get to at least once. By far the more enjoyable part of that exercise was watching the college games. By far.