Ron Kellogg

He Just moved ahead of Cody.

Cody green should be 4th on the depth chart period. Just change positions and get

it over with.

This is hard for me to wrap my head around. Our new system of offense should basically banish these types of QBs to well, other pro-style schools. And yet an outstanding athlete with great speed like Cody, is being put behind a dude who is much more of a plodder, just on the basis that he passes better?

If that's the distinction between #3 and #4, why is it not between #1 and #2?

I've been watching all the practice videos and I'm wondering if anybody else has been noticing the same thing. Ron Kellogg has the best footwork, release, and accuracy out of all our Qbs. And has above average zip on the ball. Now im not sure about his running ability but he looks like he could play.

This is about accurate the way that I have heard it as well. Good passer and great footwork. A lot of the guys I talk to have said this, he is also a great kid to have on our team. Very well liked by the guys. He sweats and bleeds in practice just like everybody else and he wears that N on the side of his helmet. Most of us never and will never have that opportunity.

Well Ive become a huge Ron Kellog fan, You know its really nice seeing one of our qbs step into a throw and not throw behind a receiver. Bo is always stressing technique and fundamentals. Well Its clear Ron is the only one who plays with it. Now im not saying he should start cause he needs to still grasp the O but I do think he definitely should get a shot at some point. also i find it a little weird knowing that Gruden would prob spend more time critiquing taylor's game than ron kellogs practice film lol (joke....sorta).

Well Ive become a huge Ron Kellog fan, You know its really nice seeing one of our qbs step into a throw and not throw behind a receiver. Bo is always stressing technique and fundamentals. Well Its clear Ron is the only one who plays with it. Now im not saying he should start cause he needs to still grasp the O but I do think he definitely should get a shot at some point. also i find it a little weird knowing that Gruden would prob spend more time critiquing taylor's game than ron kellogs practice film lol (joke....sorta).

If Spano hadn't been injured, I've been hearing that he would still be ahead of Kellog on the depth chart.

Kellog probably isn't playing because he either doesn't have the leadership coaches are looking for or he doesn't have game changing ability. Maybe even a combination of both, but that's pure speculation.

The chance that Kellog plays at all this year is extremely slim. He won't pass Martinez or Carnes and I can almost guarantee this. The only time he will play this year is in the non-conference and that's only if he passes the third guy on the depth chart.

And neither did Joe ganz

?

If Spano hadn't been injured, I've been hearing that he would still be ahead of Kellog on the depth chart.

Kellog probably isn't playing because he either doesn't have the leadership coaches are looking for or he doesn't have game changing ability. Maybe even a combination of both, but that's pure speculation.

The chance that Kellog plays at all this year is extremely slim. He won't pass Martinez or Carnes and I can almost guarantee this. The only time he will play this year is in the non-conference and that's only if he passes the third guy on the depth chart.

And neither did Joe ganz

?

sounds like the kid may not be a mobile threat as Taylor or Brion, so he probably doesn't fit into the offense designed by Beck, too bad, he will likely never see the field, no matter how well he throws the ball...dual threat seems more important to the coaches as opposed to recruiting a pure passer.....oh well.

I know he wont play, a lot of this is just me joking around but I do like how fluid and precise he plays. Its nice to see. I'm mentioning all this because I'm getting really sick of seeing Taylor and Cody throwing off their back foot, there are pop warner qbs who play with more fundamentals. and the joe ganz comment, i just said that because nobody thought he was good enough to play and then it turned out he was our best qb. but this is a different situation i know.

I'm not sure if this has been said yet or not, but Ron Kellogg was recruited out of high school as a pro style QB. That's what he is... a pro style guy. He's a passer not a food speed guy, he doesn't have much. See here In fact... his 40 speed is about that of a defensive tackle. He's got a 4.9 40. So yes his footwork is good, yes his passing is good. That's all he's ever done.