amongst guys from last year who include to impress:

Alfonzo Dennard

Ciante Evans

Lavonte David

Will Compton

Sean Fisher

Josh Williams

Mike Caputo

Jeremiah Sirles (leadership, he's injured)

Rex Burkhead

Brandon Kinnie

Kyler Reed

Ben Cotton

Right now the 2 weakest positions are RB and LB in terms of depth without drop off. RB will be taken care of in the fall when our 5-7 new guys show up. LB will be a little better but we may still lack a solid 2 deep when we're in our 3 backer set. So far the backers are Fisher, Compton, David... 2's include roach, stoddard, may... it's looking like Santos has a good chance to play early along with Pirman if they put him at LB initially.

are you kidding me? rb will be fixed when the new guys show up? the ones with no D-1 experience?..

you just lost your crediability with that koolaid comment.

Wow, that's harsh and unfounded (which is saying a lot for me). Credibility, btw.

Last year, four runningbacks carried the ball more than 1 time, 2 more than 24 times. You make it sound like: a. we need a ton of healthy backs b. runningback isn't the easiest position on the team to pick up in a short period of time. If one of those guys is able to step up and take carries like Rex did, sans injury, in 2009, we should be ok. If two prove to be even adequate, spelling Rex on a couple of series a half, we'll have a decent little stable. Finding two adequate true freshmen runningbacks out of between 5 and 7 prospects (in addition to the others who may be poised to break out due to Brown's coaching) shouldn't be too terribly difficult. Now I don't think that RB will be completely taken care of, but I also don't think of it as doom and gloom position group.

Names I've Heard So Far:

Stanley Jean Baptiste

Jamal Turner

Kenny Bell

Eric Martin

Jake Cotton

Kevin Williams

Thad Randle

Taylor Martinez

Brion Carnes

Yoshi Hardrick

Andrew Green

Dijon Washington

amongst guys from last year who include to impress:

Alfonzo Dennard

Ciante Evans

Lavonte David

Will Compton

Sean Fisher

Josh Williams

Mike Caputo

Jeremiah Sirles (leadership, he's injured)

Rex Burkhead

Brandon Kinnie

Kyler Reed

Ben Cotton

Right now the 2 weakest positions are RB and LB in terms of depth without drop off. RB will be taken care of in the fall when our 5-7 new guys show up. LB will be a little better but we may still lack a solid 2 deep when we're in our 3 backer set. So far the backers are Fisher, Compton, David... 2's include roach, stoddard, may... it's looking like Santos has a good chance to play early along with Pirman if they put him at LB initially.

are you kidding me? rb will be fixed when the new guys show up? the ones with no D-1 experience?..

you just lost your crediability with that koolaid comment.

Wow, that's harsh and unfounded (which is saying a lot for me). Credibility, btw.

Last year, four runningbacks carried the ball more than 1 time, 2 more than 24 times. You make it sound like: a. we need a ton of healthy backs b. runningback isn't the easiest position on the team to pick up in a short period of time. If one of those guys is able to step up and take carries like Rex did, sans injury, in 2009, we should be ok. If two prove to be even adequate, spelling Rex on a couple of series a half, we'll have a decent little stable. Finding two adequate true freshmen runningbacks out of between 5 and 7 prospects (in addition to the others who may be poised to break out due to Brown's coaching) shouldn't be too terribly difficult. Now I don't think that RB will be completely taken care of, but I also don't think of it as doom and gloom position group.

Yeah, AND we could always hit the jackpot with a Marcus Lattimore type guy...

Also, to fill in the original blank, Ron Jeremy.