Hello Husker Nation

Bucks

I remember Mike DeAndrea from a few years back. He was highly regarded out of Avon Lake. I remember injuries derailed his college career. Check your Private Messages.

I don't know who the player(s) are for Nebraska that fit into this mold. Volunteer any if you like. I always tend to root for some of the kids that have had some terrible luck.

For us, it would be Tyler Moeller first and foremost. Two years ago for those that may remember it, he was on vacation with his family (celebrating Grandparents anniversary). The family was at a local bar and from all accounts, a guy found out he played for Ohio State and cold cocked him. He hit his head, had to have surgery & release pressure due to brain swelling. Was a very serious injury and those events could have had a wide range of bad outcomes. Thankfully, he made a recovery. Lost the year but made a recovery and no serious health consequences came. Fast forward to last season. He was absolutely putting fears to rest with his play. I don't have the exact numbers from those 5 games, but they were very good. Tore his pectoral muscle requiring season ending surgery. He got his 6th year of eligibility from the NCAA but you still just end up feeling for the guy. I truly hope he has an incredible season.

I remember Mike DeAndrea from a few years back. He was highly regarded out of Avon Lake. I remember injuries derailed his college career. Check your Private Messages.

I don't know who the player(s) are for Nebraska that fit into this mold. Volunteer any if you like. I always tend to root for some of the kids that have had some terrible luck.

For us, it would be Tyler Moeller first and foremost. Two years ago for those that may remember it, he was on vacation with his family (celebrating Grandparents anniversary). The family was at a local bar and from all accounts, a guy found out he played for Ohio State and cold cocked him. He hit his head, had to have surgery & release pressure due to brain swelling. Was a very serious injury and those events could have had a wide range of bad outcomes. Thankfully, he made a recovery. Lost the year but made a recovery and no serious health consequences came. Fast forward to last season. He was absolutely putting fears to rest with his play. I don't have the exact numbers from those 5 games, but they were very good. Tore his pectoral muscle requiring season ending surgery. He got his 6th year of eligibility from the NCAA but you still just end up feeling for the guy. I truly hope he has an incredible season.

QB Kody Spano for us - blown ACL knee injuries before season started last 2 years in a row

QB Kody Spano for us - blown ACL knee injuries before season started last 2 years in a row

same leg weren't they? oh and now torn labrum(supposedly exact injury isn't known but people believe it's the labrum)

Bucks- You think Braxton Miller gets the start while TP is on suspension? The film I watched of him, he looks awfully darn good, maybe even a better overall passer than TP.

Tressel may still be suspended for the first 5 games, but he will still have a say. He's loyal to his upperclassmen.

It will either be Bauserman or Guitton as they are the only two with experience. He will probably give the nod to Guitton because Bauserman has had numerous chances and hasn't capitalized on it. Guitton is also more of the Pryor mold.

Bucks- You think Braxton Miller gets the start while TP is on suspension? The film I watched of him, he looks awfully darn good, maybe even a better overall passer than TP.

Tressel may still be suspended for the first 5 games, but he will still have a say. He's loyal to his upperclassmen.

It will either be Bauserman or Guitton as they are the only two with experience. He will probably give the nod to Guitton because Bauserman has had numerous chances and hasn't capitalized on it. Guitton is also more of the Pryor mold.

We easily disagree. Tressel typically tries as much as possible to give preference to experience & especially seniors but in this case, Bauserman will not be getting the starting QB nod through 5 games. As my reply post to this expressed, he will certainly share some duty with one other QB, but will not be the man for 5 games.

Lots of great info in here...thanks for joining the board.

Have enjoyed it thus far & thank you. I have always been a member of another board that was among the first results searching years ago ... but for the most part, they didn't embody the Nebraska fans I know in real life or in general. So finding this board has been enjoyable.

Have read through quite a bit on your spring game and have a wealth of info now.

I don't know that anyone here would care about this or want to see but doing it for some friends who are not local & want to see:

I'll be broadcasting the spring game on Sat @ 1:30 eastern time. If anyone has interest to see it, feel free to let me know.

On a side note, I think I've read some concern regarding the Neb O-line. Not sure I have seen/read anything that lends to actual concern. For whatever reason, I tend to envision your line being a strong point this year.

Not sure our line is a strong point. It might be, or it might be a few years off. The personnel we have this year, it's starting to improve as solid young players grow up. If the injury bug leaves the OL finally, they'll do better regardless. But coaching has been suspect the past two years and we'll see if that changes.

Very excited about our DTs, when guys like T-Mo and Randle are the #3 and 4 guys in the pecking order.

Pretty stoked about our WRs too. It is about time. There are too many guys we've heard good things about, all at once....SJB, Quincy, K.Bell, Khiry, Jamal Turner. Their time is now.

I forgot to even mention. When guys like Chase Rome and Jay Guy are #5 and #6. 5 and 6????! That's freaking unbelievable.

Out of curiosity, what are a few Husker news outlets that are worth the read for daily stuff? On my end, I'll volunteer www.elevenwarriors.com. The writers there tend to try their hardest to utilize humor & legitimate information in tandem. That is a hard balancing act, but I think they do a pretty good job at it. Are there some news sites similar to them on the Nebraska side?

Speaking of 11W, their latest article paints a few surprising pictures. Quotes below:

Kicking game -

Ben Buchanan resumes punting duties, and since this is what amounts to a typical Ohio State practice, don't be surprised if you see a number of forced situations that call for Ben to kick about five times in a row. Ben actually had a pretty decent season last year, averaging over 41 yards per punt, and it will be interesting seeing how he's improved.

QB's -

Here's my personal opinion on what will win the QB competition: the player who can consistently make short, safe passes, not turn the ball over, and manage the game. That's it. If I thought this competition was about potential, or raw, untapped ability, Braxton Miller would be the man to beat.

Wide Receivers -

Here's a fun game to play: watch DeVier Posey for a few plays. The routes he runs, the fakes he makes, his speed, cutting ability, etc. Then watch anyone else. Then go home and watch Homeward Bound: The Incredible Journey, because that heartwarming slice of Americana is about all that will be able to pull you out of the deep depression you've suddenly sunk into. Things to watch out for? How about anyone besides Posey making plays at WR?

RB's -

This one should actually be pretty fun. The running backs are a ridiculously deep group, who, aside from Dave-ing it up repeatedly, will also likely be asked to catch some passes. An interesting play that the team has been running this spring is a five wide set with sometimes two running backs in the formation. And it's not just the speedier, smaller guys in there, the tankerous statured Carlos Hyde has made an impact catching the ball from time to time.

Secondary -

Roby and Allen have looked good recently, but Dominic Clarke may have something to prove to a hopefully well-attended Spring Game.

Thoughts:

Kicking/Special Teams, there had better be marked improvement here. Might be the most important issue going right now even if not talked about. We have a decent kicking team but the protection/grasp wasn't there last year. I hope it has been corrected.

QB's, Not only would I be astounded to see Graham take the field as a starter, I'd also be out 50 bucks. I still think it will be Bauserman & ________ sharing duties. Graham replaces Bauserman in this scenario, so it is more an indication of how bad Bauserman is instead of Graham being that good.

WR's/RB's, It's like the night vs day argument. Our receiving core is just plainly inexperienced & poor. Our RB core is stellar. I have been witness to a wealth of changes/evolutions in my time following OSU. I have never witnessed the blatant change we're seeing with this RB group. I would probably place a wager that 2 of these backs will have a 2-1 ratio on reception yards vs running yards. Easily. Astounding to see.

Secondary, flying completely under the radar. I want to see Moeller and we need him to be full speed given the team as it stands. I'm not too concerned though. We have some stars waiting in the wings IMO on this front.