Have you ever turned the TV off or left a game before it was over?

Historically, I've never turned off of a Husker game. However the one time I didn't finish a Husker game was the '06 A&M game immediately after Zac Taylor threw the late fourth quarter interception. Was pretty bummed after leaving the watchsite because I figured we'd end up losing the game, because we lost to Ok State a week or two ago in a similar fashion so that led me to assume the outcome. When I got home ESPN displayed the final with us winning by a point or so. I was upset that I missed the ending and elated at the same time because we won.

One game - Penn State '02.

My brother was in the Navy, stationed in Norfolk, VA, flew me up there, and we drove up to State College (highways in the Northeast are MUCH different than what we have here). Right off the bat, we were treated horribly. I can understand the boo birds as we walked by in our red, but there were people calling us any and every cuss word you can think of. They threw empty, and not so empty beer cans at us, and this was common all around the stadium.

Then, of course, we know how the game went. By the time Lord threw the pick 6 in the 3rd quarter, the whole stadium was in a frenzy, and several different people were getting in my face, just inches away, screaming 'YOU SUCK!' over and over and over.

My brother ran over to get in their faces, but I held him back, because I knew even they were all plastered, there were a lot more of them than us. As were were surrounded by beligerent drunk PSU fans, a security guard grabbed us both by the arm and drug us to an upper concourse, and suggested that we either leave, or put blue on. We chose the first option, being heckled outside all the way to our car. Luckily, it didn't have Nebraska plates, so they left it alone.

So yeah, that's why we left early. Other than that, I've never left a game early, nor shut one off before it was over, including '04 Texas Tech, '07 USC, '07 and '08 Missouri, etc. The good news is that with Pelini in charge, the ballooned scores will only be in our favor.

I have to admit, as a UNL student I would sometimes cut out in the 4th quarter and head to the bars with my buddies. If we were up by 20+. Since college I don’t think I’ve ever turned the TV off, not even for a loss. But I wasn’t very pleasant to be around during some of those blowout losses a few years back. Like a lot of our conf games 2004-07.

There was the 2001 Colorado game. I only turned it off cuz I had to go to work though, not that I'm upset that I missed the rest of it.

I was vacation that week and watched that game by myself at an Irish pub near Central Park in NYC. I stayed till the end. But it was painful because there was a table of jackass CU fans flipping me crap. Jackass CU fans--I guess that's redundant.

There was the 2001 Colorado game. I only turned it off cuz I had to go to work though, not that I'm upset that I missed the rest of it.

I was vacation that week and watched that game by myself at an Irish pub near Central Park in NYC. I stayed till the end. But it was painful because there was a table of jackass CU fans flipping me crap. Jackass CU fans--I guess that's redundant.

Man that sucks. Luckily was on my way back to NE from So Car for Thanksgiving, so I missed the everything.

When I was a lot younger I turned the TV off in frustration in the closing minute of the 4th because I couldn't bear to see the Huskers lose. Luckily I turned it on several minutes later to catch the final touchdown of the game

yeah.

1997 Missouri :( :( :(

This. Was in high school, and left to go golf. My buddy I was with was a die hard sCUm fan so all round I heard about it. When we hit the clubhouse after the front 9, the clubhouse was a buzz after the result. I was bummed I gave up and missed the finish, but the look on my buddy's face almost made up for it.

Also I am man enough to admit I left home games early during a very dark and cold year that has been wiped from my memory and pretty sure is a year of Husker football that never existed. Part do to some players who quit, but mostly for the Looney Tunes coaching staff and administration that oversaw the whole train wreck

I don't take shame in turning off the television or anything like that. If the team isn't performing up to their standards then I don't want to watch.

That said, before the Holiday Bowl, the last time I had turned off the television was against Oklahoma in 2008. The Holiday Bowl was just a pure offensive blunder and I couldn't bare to watch it.

One game - Penn State '02.

My brother was in the Navy, stationed in Norfolk, VA, flew me up there, and we drove up to State College (highways in the Northeast are MUCH different than what we have here). Right off the bat, we were treated horribly. I can understand the boo birds as we walked by in our red, but there were people calling us any and every cuss word you can think of. They threw empty, and not so empty beer cans at us, and this was common all around the stadium.

Then, of course, we know how the game went. By the time Lord threw the pick 6 in the 3rd quarter, the whole stadium was in a frenzy, and several different people were getting in my face, just inches away, screaming 'YOU SUCK!' over and over and over.

My brother ran over to get in their faces, but I held him back, because I knew even they were all plastered, there were a lot more of them than us. As were were surrounded by beligerent drunk PSU fans, a security guard grabbed us both by the arm and drug us to an upper concourse, and suggested that we either leave, or put blue on. We chose the first option, being heckled outside all the way to our car. Luckily, it didn't have Nebraska plates, so they left it alone.

So yeah, that's why we left early. Other than that, I've never left a game early, nor shut one off before it was over, including '04 Texas Tech, '07 USC, '07 and '08 Missouri, etc. The good news is that with Pelini in charge, the ballooned scores will only be in our favor.

My father and I went to that game as well. We left after the 3rd quarter. There was a PSU jerk that was sitting next to me that was really annoying. The rest of the folks around us were alright. Glad we left when we did because I could only imagine what it would of been like walking back to the car after that game ended. We beat a lot of traffic that night.