SIGNED DE Avery Moss

Nexus

is this kid legit or did he just get an offer because of peat?

I think he is the best pure pass rusher out of HS* since Ankrah in '09. He has some major work to do in the run game, but off the edge he will be a factor. FWIW he was a 5.7 3 :star .1 away from a 4 :star 33rd ranked DE. According to Rivals.

BTW not a slight on McMullen, he is the better all around DE.

Edit: Among Nebraska recruits.

I think he is the best pure pass rusher out of HS* since Ankrah in '09. He has some major work to do in the run game, but off the edge he will be a factor. FWIW he was a 5.7 3 :star .1 away from a 4 :star 33rd ranked DE. According to Rivals.

Who is better --- Greg or Avery --- that is hard to say. Both had limited film to assess. They were in differnt places with differnt levels of competition. So, really we have no way of saying....

But both appear promising. Both "legit." and both will have the chance to play a major role soon.

Who is better --- Greg or Avery --- that is hard to say. Both had limited film to assess. They were in differnt places with differnt levels of competition. So, really we have no way of saying....

But both appear promising. Both "legit." and both will have the chance to play a major role soon.

Greg is by far the better prospect out of HS. But what we need to realize is that Avery started playing football his Jr. year in HS (which he broke his hand). He impressed scouts basically in his Sr. year alone. This kid has plenty of potential

Greg is by far the better prospect out of HS. But what we need to realize is that Avery started playing football his Jr. year in HS (which he broke his hand). He impressed scouts basically in his Sr. year alone. This kid has plenty of potential

No doubt Greg is a fantastic play that i'm totally pumped for but I really excited to see what Avery can become....lot of potential

Greg was offered by Jim Tressel as a soph....im sure Tressel knows talent, and we all know Bo knows talent.

Wow, Andrus does NOT look like an offensive tackle!

Seriously, that's 305 lbs?

I know it's wierd. However when he straps on the pads he looks every bit of it and more.

I really don't think he's really close to 305 right now. I think he's at basketball weight so I would guess probably 280-285. I really don't think he is at 305 right now.

• 1 year later...
  • 7 months later...

Old news, but thought I would update the profile with the info:

The future of one key Husker appears hazy. What’s known for sure is that defensive end Avery Moss will not be available for Nebraska in the bowl game.

Moss and linebacker Jared Afalava were on the short list of Huskers who did not travel to the Gator Bowl, Bo Pelini confirmed after Friday's first practice on site.

The Husker head coach said Moss is at home due to "a personal issue back in Arizona."

Per Husker Extra