Ladies and Gentlemen...

The reality is though if our offensive line doesn't get it done then these guys will not be able to hit their full potential. But yes the backfield is stacked with talent no doubt.

My thoughts exactly. The O-line has to produce. You can put an average back behind a good O-line and he will look great. Put a great back behind a terrible O-line and he will look terrible. (the exception being Barry Sanders)

troo dat

Precisely!! I do see hope for the future here though. With 3 coaches instead of 1 and a ton of young 4* guys with great upside it will be entirely disappointing if we're not killer good within the next couple of years.

I look at these guys below and I see a much much much better talent pool than we have had over the past few years. With the exception of Yoshi, we've had a lot of low ranked players that have made up our starting guys over the past few years. Ricky Henry and Keith Williams were barely 3 stars coming out of high school. But with this deep talent pool of young guys there is no reason we can't have a great offensive line.

Andrew Rodriguez :star :star :star :star

Tyler Moore :star :star :star :star

Ryan Klachko :star :star :star :star

Ryne Reeves :star :star :star :star

Zac Sterup :star :star :star :star

Mike Moudy 5.7 :star :star :star

Jeremiah Sirles 5.7 :star :star :star

Brent Qvale (who already has starting experience)

Jake Cotton (who coaches have been raving at during spring camp)

If these guys don't develop into something great, then we throw fists at the coaches. :bang

Looking at all these guys side by side... now we know why Pelini said we are going to have a GREAT running game this year. We're going to have straight line speed in Heard, shifty speed in Abdullah, great vision with Green, we already know what Rex can do, we'll have great blocking and downhill running from Tyler Legate, a great short yardage back in Marrow... and Green, Burkhead, Abdullah and Heard can all catch.

Defenses are going to look at us and say... we can't stop them on 4th and 1. We guard the receivers well on the pass and then the RB's catch and run. We patrol the backfield and then the receivers are too fast for us to catch up with them. We put our small speedy guys on the field and then Nebraska puts Jean Baptiste, Enunwa, and BK on the field with Marrow and they power and block us over. We try to sack the QB but he's so fast he gets away and that pressure left guys open.... AHHHHH How do we stop these guys?!

False. We will never be in a 4th and 1. Not with that stable of RBs.

I like the way you think! :)

I think that plays better if you read my quote in Dwight's voice, too.

dwight_l.jpg

LOL

Looking at all these guys side by side... now we know why Pelini said we are going to have a GREAT running game this year. We're going to have straight line speed in Heard, shifty speed in Abdullah, great vision with Green, we already know what Rex can do, we'll have great blocking and downhill running from Tyler Legate, a great short yardage back in Marrow... and Green, Burkhead, Abdullah and Heard can all catch.

Defenses are going to look at us and say... we can't stop them on 4th and 1. We guard the receivers well on the pass and then the RB's catch and run. We patrol the backfield and then the receivers are too fast for us to catch up with them. We put our small speedy guys on the field and then Nebraska puts Jean Baptiste, Enunwa, and BK on the field with Marrow and they power and block us over. We try to sack the QB but he's so fast he gets away and that pressure left guys open.... AHHHHH How do we stop these guys?!

False. We will never be in a 4th and 1. Not with that stable of RBs.

I like the way you think! :)

I think that plays better if you read my quote in Dwight's voice, too.

dwight_l.jpg

Haha...thats how I read before you even said anything. Bears, Beets, Battlestar Galactica!!!

Remember Marlon Lucky and how explosive he was supposed to be? We are talking about three players we won't know how good they are until maybe next fall or beyond that. Maybe all three of them will turn out to be as good as advertised, but don't be surprised if one or even two of them are disappointments. Yes, you would think at least one out of three will show something that's very impressive, but who knows. Or it could be one is a special player and the other two are very good but not great. Or all three end up being solid but not great, like Lucky, the five star out of high school. But I should also throw in that big kid out of Alabama -- again, there's no knowing how good he really is. How tough he really is until he puts on a his pads and helmet.

My point is let's wait and see and not get too excited. Expectations get really high in Huskerville for players who have yet to even practice a play in Lincoln. While Cody Green is a QB, not a RB, he looked great on HC videos and many Husker fans thought he was the best thing since slice bread. Some were even comparing him to Vince Young. :facepalm: Sit down, take a deep breath and relax. Maybe even take a hot bath. I'm not saying they all can't be great, but you have to look at the reality here.