ESPN E:60 - Carl Crawford

I couldn't even imagine him running the option instead of Jammal Lord. Lord was one of my favorite Huskers, but putting him at running back, then having Carl Crawford at QB. Talk about some serious speed and power in the backfield.

BTW, huskeraddict your sig is pretty cool. :thumbs

Lord would have been a safety instead of QB if crawford made it to Nebraska

I believe Solich said that he thought Lord could've been a first round pick as a safety had he played there. Lord gets a lot of grief but he really was an amazing athlete, he just didn't have the greatest supporting cast and had to follow some guy named Crouch.

I watched this and Carl said the reason he signed to Nebraska was because everyone else was going to Oklahoma and Texas and he wanted to do something different, haha. Not because of our rich history or tradition or anything of that nature.

But then of course he chose money over an education.

Kinda makes me wonder how many young recruits actually take the time to look into our program's history. It seems like location and who's hot at the time are the determining factors nowadays.

I watched this and Carl said the reason he signed to Nebraska was because everyone else was going to Oklahoma and Texas and he wanted to do something different, haha. Not because of our rich history or tradition or anything of that nature.

Kinda makes me wonder how many young recruits actually take the time to look into our program's history. It seems like location and who's hot at the time are the determining factors nowadays.

Abduel(sp) Mohammed(sp) like us cause we are red. How's that for decision making?

That was one minor reason, but he said the main reason was because he wanted to get out of Texas and the tough life he lived there.

Abduel(sp) Mohammed(sp) like us cause we are red. How's that for decision making?

Maybe he was a Blood, not a Crip. Which would be a pretty good reason to wear red instead of, say, blue.