Remember when Bo told the players to "put the N underneath their chin"?

Nexus

Its almost too painful to think about what would have happened if he was our QB in Watsons offense, and the defenses we had the last few seasons. Cant help but think of a NC in 09 with him at the helm of watsons O, and our easy schedule. Watson would be a genius in NE eyes, and we would be recruiting totally different QBs in my opinion....and watson would still be here. I know, i know, its not the Offense Bo wanted at the time, but it could have been a scary good combination.

But at the same time Bos getting to where he wants to be and well be competing for championships soon enough, and it will be in the system he wants to run, and well probably have a better contending "system" year in and year out.

Its almost too painful to think about what would have happened if he was our QB in Watsons offense, and the defenses we had the last few seasons. Cant help but think of a NC in 09 with him at the helm of watsons O, and our easy schedule. Watson would be a genius in NE eyes, and we would be recruiting totally different QBs in my opinion....and watson would still be here. I know, i know, its not the Offense Bo wanted at the time, but it could have been a scary good combination.

But at the same time Bos getting to where he wants to be and well be competing for championships soon enough, and it will be in the system he wants to run, and well probably have a better contending "system" year in and year out.

Gabbert had a pretty good college career, but I doubt he would be have fixed our offensive woes in '09. Jacob Hickman played a great portion of the 2009 season with a bowling ball sized bruise on his hip. Injuries were more rampant than just with the quarterback and running back.

The only reason Gabbert is shooting up the draft boards is because of his size and potential. If I were an NFL scout I would be giving Gabbert an extremely good look. That said, I'd also look at Nebraska game film. Those were the two toughest defenses he ever faced.

His stats for those two games:

• Combined 35 of 85 passing for 333 yards (that's 41 percent).
  • One touchdown and three interceptions.

Gabbert is, apparently, flying up the draft charts. It'll be interesting to see what he does when he's faced with a Suh-like pass rush every week in the NFL. He didn't handle it so well two years straight against DONU.

Gushing Over Gabbert 1

Gushing Over Gabbert 2

Gushing Over Gabbert 3

Hopefully, (for him) he is able to handle the pass rush better than him and his brother handle pizza parlors...

http://aol.sportingnews.com/ncaa-football/story/2010-02-16/missouri-freshman-qb-tyler-gabbert-breaks-nose-fight

I loved this story when I first read it...and I still do.

My friends and I always use that quote. "Let's have some fun. And play with PASSION. The most physical ass football team. Thats the one thats going to win this game. The team that hits the other RIGHT THERE. RIGHT THERE! Underneath the chin. And we got that N on the side of our helmet and that is what the N is all about. So lets take that N, stick it underneath their chin FOR FOUR QUARTERS AND GET AFTER SOMEBODIES ASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

That is all from memory.

Chills... I wish I had the friends to drunkenly say this with.

When I get to Lincoln some time this year I'll make a big post inviting everyone I post with somewhere so we can do this.

My friends and I always use that quote. "Let's have some fun. And play with PASSION. The most physical ass football team. Thats the one thats going to win this game. The team that hits the other RIGHT THERE. RIGHT THERE! Underneath the chin. And we got that N on the side of our helmet and that is what the N is all about. So lets take that N, stick it underneath their chin FOR FOUR QUARTERS AND GET AFTER SOMEBODIES ASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

That is all from memory.

Pretty close from memory.

Tell me, how many drinks into the night until you guys start belting this out?

I would guess quite a few drinks.

AK-47 has actually witnessed this many a time in person.

We did a form of this before we went to Buffaloes here in CB for the Iowa-Arizona game with the sole purpose to piss Iowa fans off.