ATH Devin Fuller

ADS

a) golson is from SC, not florida

b). our defense was in the top 25 in the country; why do you keep saying it needs improvement?

c) BK will be at ND for a long while, the administration is committed to him for the long haul.

1. Yes, he is from SC, had Miami Beeach in my head instead of Myrtle for some reason.

2. 34th in total defense this year against what the NCAA calls the 29th hardest schedule this year. If I really wanted to kill myself I'd pull up the depressing rankings from the last four/five years.

3. Hasn't the administration been "committed" to the last four coaches for "the long haul"

So many advantages for a program, so little results.d

• Fire 1

Can somebody explain to me how they are so confident about ND? I haven't read anything that he has said that would indicate a ND lock.

http://www.irishenvy.com/forums/2012-recruiting-profiles/59118-12-nj-ath-devin-fuller-offer-25.html

Read the blurb at the top of that page in the first post, specifically the bolded part. That's a little concerning to me if ND somehow finds a way to pedal enough crap to make Devin believe he's not a contingency plan to Kiel.

It really sucks that we're running the risk of losing a guy we've recruited honestly since the beginning to a school who clearly didn't value him like we do. Especially after the Debo debacle.

We have lost of few decent kids to ND..... Robinson, Gray, Zibikowski (sp), the WR from Lincoln SE about 8 yrs ago.... I hope Fuller doesn't join that list

carlyle holiday was the biggest loss to them that i can recall. signing him could have significantly changed NU's fortunes in the last decade. (solich doesn't get canned, at least not as quickly, callahan takes his garbage elsewhere, etc.).

Announcers also talking about how Kelly likes to "use the QB" and run zone read as part of his offense. I haven't watched a lot of ND this year but I didn't see anything like that when Kelly was at Cincy. Not sure I buy it (announcers usually like to hear themselves talk) but that was interesting...

Announcers also talking about how Kelly likes to "use the QB" and run zone read as part of his offense. I haven't watched a lot of ND this year but I didn't see anything like that when Kelly was at Cincy. Not sure I buy it (announcers usually like to hear themselves talk) but that was interesting...

Kelly runs his QBs in terms of the zone read and draws, but really he wants mobility to create when things break down. Honestly his offense still demands that his QBs first and foremost are strong throwers, asking his QBs to do a lot with their arms.

Can somebody explain to me how they are so confident about ND? I haven't read anything that he has said that would indicate a ND lock.

You must remember that they were saying the same thing about Kiel. He was Irish through and through. Then he goes elsewhere, and all the "insiders" were retracting saying, good ridance and anything to say they "knew it wasn't going to happen".

Domers.... so many ins....so little results.

• Fire 1

Kelly runs his QBs in terms of the zone read and draws, but really he wants mobility to create when things break down. Honestly his offense still demands that his QBs first and foremost are strong throwers, asking his QBs to do a lot with their arms.

Maybe he's looking to move that way but, other than Hendrix - his QBs haven't done much with his feet recently (granted, these numbers include sacks):

2011: No other QBs registered rushing stats

2010: Crist & Montana combined for 61 carries for 99 yds (1.6 ypc)

2009: Pike - 31 carries for 6 yds; Collaros - 57 carries for 344 yds

2008: Pike - 56 carries for 47 yds; Collaros - 6 carries for 29 yds

2007: Mauk - 100 carries for 376 yds; Grutza - 11 carries for 44 yds

2006: Grutza - 85 carries for 246 yds

That's slightly under 200 yards PER YEAR from his QBs at Cincy and ND. Maybe he'd like to have more QBs like Hendrix and Collaros instead of Pike and Crist but 15 yards per game isn't exactly "using your QB" in my book.

• Fire 1