Is there any reason to be nervous?

Well being around the program for over 50 years I have seen Devaney and Osborne. But I also live out of the state and hear the comments about him from fans of SC and UCLA. I also read the comments when he was mentioned for the LSU job during last season.

He is consider by many an accident waiting to happen, not for chewing on players but his actions against refs and other coaches.

I love his fire and intensity, but he has to learn to control it. He knows it, but because of his past it would hurt his chances at Ohio State I think, or any other major program. He is not politically correct so to speak. He will get there I think, but he is not going anywhere anytime soon is my guess.

You can worry all you want about him being a huge get, but I do not see, as he has not won anything but the Big 12 North, which by most was one of the bigger joke divisions. He wins the Big Ten a few times and plays for a NC his stock will rise and most likely quickly. Universities will be willing to take a chance on him then, but not now. Which makes me happy that I do not have to worry about him leaving.

agree, Bo is a work in progress, not near the big time yet, but has potential, that's it so far.

The only stoops that they will get is Mike. Bob has repeatedly said that he won't leave OU.

There is one job that he will leave for - if Ferentz leaves before Stoops is ready to retire that is.

You honestly think Stoops would leave OU to come to Iowa? That would make no sense, the two programs aren't even comparable. I could see him leaving for Ohio State because it's a top level job. I don't think Iowa is comparable to OU and Ohio State. JMO........

The Stoops family buried their father in an Iowa sweater. I definately think that Bob would take a long look at Iowa. Bob only went to OU because he wanted to win a NC ASAP.

I did not know that, thanks for the information. :thumbs

The only stoops that they will get is Mike. Bob has repeatedly said that he won't leave OU.

There is one job that he will leave for - if Ferentz leaves before Stoops is ready to retire that is.

You honestly think Stoops would leave OU to come to Iowa? That would make no sense, the two programs aren't even comparable. I could see him leaving for Ohio State because it's a top level job. I don't think Iowa is comparable to OU and Ohio State. JMO........

The Stoops family buried their father in an Iowa sweater. I definately think that Bob would take a long look at Iowa. Bob only went to OU because he wanted to win a NC ASAP.

I did not know that, thanks for the information. :thumbs

I only know that because I live in Iowa. It is always fun to throw that at Iowa fans. They could have Stoops at about 800k a year less than Ferentz right now. He would be winning championships and he would be a coach there for life.

Well being around the program for over 50 years I have seen Devaney and Osborne. But I also live out of the state and hear the comments about him from fans of SC and UCLA. I also read the comments when he was mentioned for the LSU job during last season.

:LOLtartar That's like Barry Bonds calling A-Rod a cheater for taking steroids. Those are two of the dirtiest programs in the nation with two of the dirtiest coaches in the nation. Why do you care what SC and UCLA fans think of Bo? Tell them to look at their own coaches before they share their opinion about other coaches.

Don't feed the troll. Peach Puff is just trying to stir things up.

Good lord, get over yourself, go back to dry humping some Euro-soccer guy... Your red was replaced with Utah Red and USC Cardinal

Anyhow, it's been a few days and Sweater Vest is still there. I am thinking they are going to let him stay through this season and see what options open up after the season and see what penalties are given out. Good luck this season.

• Fire 1

Po,

Comments were made that no one around the country think Bo has a temper problem. That is total bull poop. I hear it normally every time football comes up in discussion.

The perception is that he is out of control, I think that is a little harsh, but he needs to control it, and I am sure he has been advised to do so. My guess is he will not survive another A&M display. He is a smart man, that is incredibly well paid. He better learn it and quickly.

Po,

Comments were made that no one around the country think Bo has a temper problem. That is total bull poop. I hear it normally every time football comes up in discussion.

The perception is that he is out of control, I think that is a little harsh, but he needs to control it, and I am sure he has been advised to do so. My guess is he will not survive another A&M display. He is a smart man, that is incredibly well paid. He better learn it and quickly.

I agree with you skers, but the feeling that Bo is out of control isn't universal. A lot of folks think Bo is a hothead, but not everyone. I think most everyone knows why Bo got so upset in those well-publicized rants, both last year and in years past. My experience is that the people who think he's an out-of-control hothead are likely to think ill of him/us anyway.

Po,

Re-read my statement. I didn't say "no one" I said the majority of the nation dose not see him as having temper issue. I do business with 43 states and 63 countries. We talk a lot of sports of all types and rarely does his temper come up as a bad thing. They do not see him as a "hot head". I have a sports and journalism background and I know many people in athletics and its also an uncommon perception. The people who do that that probably have a less than average IQ and are probably of the "sheep mentality". They're the same type of people that believe that Carl Pelni almost got fired for screwing some boosters wife/daughter/sister's etc. because they read it on a message board or heard it at the coffee shop. They think the Omaha World Herald is actually a good source of information for the football program. If you were actually around people outside of your circle of friends and relatives you'd probably see things much more objectively and for what they really are.

Tell me what is your perception of Rex Ryan, Mike Stoops, Will Musch-crap, Bill Parcels, Mike Ditka, Frank Martin, (a dozen dead coaches) etc? Are these guys embarrassments to there teams for their temper and passion? In fact its what makes the fans love them. So what's the difference? There isn't much.

• Fire 2

Google "Bo Pelini" (fairly unbiased representation of published content) Out of the first 20 results - (after Wikipedia, Huskers.com profile) there are 3 sites in regards to the shunning of the naval officer, 7 regarding his temper or incidents, 3 bios, and 7 articles pertaining to other jobs and/or the new contract.

The only thing close to positive is the bio that comes up on his foundation page.

If you search for Bo, at least 50% of what you uncover will be painted in a negative light. I find it hard to believe that it's mainly people in Nebraska that think he has a "temper problem" If nothing else I'm positive most of the nation thinks he has a "PR problem".

As a comparison - search Bret Bielema - nothing but football related links. No drama, no issues...nothing really negative (although there is a firebretbielema.net site which I assure you was created prior to 2010 and should just display a big a$$ crow now)

Frank Martin. Are these guys embarrassments to there teams for their temper and passion?

Yes

EDIT: I'm yet to run into a K-State fan around Kansas City that doesn't admit to being at least a little embarassed by Frank Martin. Sitting in the bar you watch them cringe every time the camera pans to him. Mmost will tell you, while a good coach he's kind of becoming a joke. I don't see Bo ending up like that - but it would be sad if he did because he could be one hell of a coach.

Don't feed the troll. Peach Puff is just trying to stir things up.

Good lord, get over yourself, go back to dry humping some Euro-soccer guy... Your red was replaced with Utah Red and USC Cardinal

Anyhow, it's been a few days and Sweater Vest is still there. I am thinking they are going to let him stay through this season and see what options open up after the season and see what penalties are given out. Good luck this season.

Wow, thats like saying your great rival was replaced with...

62100-colorado-football62100-colorado-football.jpg