What are your preseason or pre game rituals?

Good Lord, Michigan fan...

Anyway, I make sure my wife, son, and daughter are wearing a Husker shirt on gameday mornings. Then, I figure out where I'm going to watch the game and head on out. Normally, it's at a sports bar with my brother. Before and during the game, it's Bud Light with tomato juice. I know most of you gents think that's ruining a perfectly good beverage, but there are 2 reasons why I partake in this particular drink.

1) I love tomato beer - nutritious and delicious.

2) It's called RED beer.

My friends and me all meet at my place to pre-game a little bit. We then either go tailgating or to the place that we choose to watch it. I wear my Bo Pelini hat and sweatshirt and my dockers. Before we leave my place I give the classic Bo Pelini pre-game speech: "Let's have some fun and play with passion..." We then pray "Dear Lord the Battles we go through life..."

Well my fail safe is double tap the wifey(night before and morning of, willing or unwilling) and take a good crap, hopefully not when doing the first part.

But in all seriousness, wake up, put up the flag, pick a shirt, wear the hat on the current winning streak, and then head down to the stadium.

No drinking the night before gameday. Unless it's a night game. Or late afternoon. Or if I'm really thirsty. OK I get drunk the night before gameday.

Wake up, put on my gameday shirt. Put on my fireup CD on the drive to our tailgating spot. Finish the fireup mix that I don't hear on the short drive on my ipod. (I'm in the zone, kinda freaks people out sometimes.)

Initiate the team prayer (day by day!) at the tailgate at some point before leaving for the stadium.

At this point my adrenaline is usually too high for me to remember things, and I usually come to shortly after the tunnel walk.

Assuming that I don't have to work before the Georgia game the next day. I call these the twleve traditions:

1. Go downtown; drink into stupor night before

2. Wake up, make bloody mary, drink first 5-hour energy,

3. Start drinking beer (meet friends at whatever tailgate we are going to that day or they come to my place due to stadium proximity)

4. Start drinking liquor

5. Start sketching on girls at nearby tailgates

6. Show up to game 2 minutes before kick-off...or up to 5 minutes into 1st quarter

7. Leave 20 minutes before Nebraska game starts

8. Continue drinking; take power nap at half-time

9. Alarm wakes me up for second half; crack second five-hour energy

10. Friends show up after Georgia game; watch Nebraska victory

11. Go downtown with friends and girls met night before/or while tailgating/or while at game; drink third five-hour energy if necessary

12. Hope to still have a job on Monday

We set the DVR to record the game. We drive to Lincoln. We eat at Misty's. We drive to the tail gate spot. We walk through down town Lincoln to the stadium. While doing all of this except the drive we are consuming mass quantities of very, very cold beer, Bloody Mary's and other alcholic beverages.

T_O_B

:throwdabones1::bonesflag::bigredn::bigredn::bigredn::bonesflag::throwdabones1:

We set the DVR to record the game. We drive to Lincoln. We eat at Misty's. We drive to the tail gate spot. We walk through down town Lincoln to the stadium. While doing all of this except the drive we are consuming mass quantities of very, very cold beer, Bloody Mary's and other alcholic beverages.

T_O_B

:throwdabones1::bonesflag::bigredn::bigredn::bigredn::bonesflag::throwdabones1:

Even while walking through downtown? That's a crime, bro.