The Bubba Starling Thread

well, i am not sure why everyone thought bubba was the answer to qb, t-magic was probably drew more attention for being wanted than bubba, at least his number were better coming out of high school...t magic played tough california ball, big schools out there. bubba was not ever a 5 star recruit. ........bla , bla.....on to the next recruit....looks like nu might get the kid out of texas, at least looks good. qb.

well, i am not sure why everyone thought bubba was the answer to qb, t-magic was probably drew more attention for being wanted than bubba, at least his number were better coming out of high school...t magic played tough california ball, big schools out there. bubba was not ever a 5 star recruit. ........bla , bla.....on to the next recruit....looks like nu might get the kid out of texas, at least looks good. qb.

Appls and oranges when comparing Bubba and Martinez. Gardner Edgerton(Bubba) throws the ball 10 times a game max, Corona(Taylor) spread the field and loved to throw it around. Bubba's running stats blew Taylor's out of the water, again offensive differences. However, one could easily say Bubba was a better runner, can make people miss in the open field, run people over at will, and may be similar speedwise at the top end.

Bubba might have not been a five star, but Taylor wasn't even a four and Bubba's recruiting was WAY more heavier than Taylor's(NU was the only school that would let him have a crack at QB) so there goes that statement.

We could go round and round, but we'll never know because Bubba had the skills to go the MLB route. Saying that NU should stop recruiting these types of athletes is just assinine. NU is not the first and will not be the last to lose an athlete's decision like this one. Hell Boomer Sooner just lost their QB recruit for the same reasons.

• Fire 1

Would I rather go to class and do work, or play a game and earn money....

Let me think on that one ;)

No thinking for me! 7.5 mill for playing maybe the worst sport in the world for the worst team in the sport! Nothing is garenteed, can't wait for another athlete that can't cut it. there have been plenty of busts his caliber. He could last less then five years in the biggs and be totally broke within ten! Our society is so screwed up, we need to promote education and kids from high school straight to the pros is a travesty!