LB Tyrone Neal [Illinois Commit]

But, I think one of our very top LB prospects Bo really wants is Deion Jones out of Louisiana. Word is he is tearing sh!t up this year and once his film gets looked at will be a 4 star. Stock rising big time, hes high on the skers, and other schools he was looking at filled at LB and cant offer.

He actually already committed... Or am I missing the sarcasm?

He has not committed, and I don't see anything in this thread that says he's N. It will be a battle for TJ, and I don't expect us to win.

So freaking confused by this thread right now.

I believe CU SUCKS was referring to Deion Jones, who is currently committed to NU. Aspeedlin, were you referring to Tyrone Neal when you said "TJ," and perhaps just made a small mental slip and combined Tyrone with Jones? If not I am sooo confused.

He has not committed, and I don't see anything in this thread that says he's N. It will be a battle for TJ, and I don't expect us to win.

I believe CU SUCKS was referring to Deion Jones, who is currently committed to NU. Aspeedlin, were you referring to Tyrone Neal when you said "TJ," and perhaps just made a small mental slip and combined Tyrone with Jones? If not I am sooo confused.

He mist be talking about Deion, my mistake then. And yeah TJ is Tyrone, just gave him a nickname thats all.

He mist be talking about Deion, my mistake then. And yeah TJ is Tyrone, just gave him a nickname thats all.

Why don't you like our chances with him Speed?

I guess I'd agree since we've never recruited PA very well... at least that I can remember. I'm only 19 but I've been following recruiting since Baker's class, which was the horrible 2008 recruiting class where things fell apart... this will be my fifth year. We still got some good contributors from that class, interestingly enough.

Have we ever had a big time player out of PA?

• 2 weeks later...

Traditionally Nebraska's North East recruiting hub was New Jersey not Pennsylvania but we've gotten players from Pennsylvania before.

We had several players on the roster from Pennsylvania in the 70's, but admittedly Jerell Pippens is the only one I can think of off the top of my head of any note more recently.

But Nebraska has a long history of randomly grabbing a kid or two out of random states every recruiting class. Taariq Allen last year out of Massachusetts as an example. Taking Tobi Okiumu out of Minnesota and Jason Ankrah out of Maryland recently. Or pulling the Fonz out of Georgia a few years ago.

Nebraska grabs kids from all over the US and Canada.

I guess I'd agree since we've never recruited PA very well... at least that I can remember. I'm only 19 but I've been following recruiting since Baker's class, which was the horrible 2008 recruiting class where things fell apart... this will be my fifth year. We still got some good contributors from that class, interestingly enough.

Shawn Bodtman. :)

• Fire 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Shawn Bodtman. :)

:clap

And a +1 for you, sir. Well played. What a PR sh*tfest that move became.

Never judge a player solely on his stars. Some of our best players recently have been 3-star recruits.

Prince Amukamara

Jared Crick

Eric Hagg

Roy Helu

Alfonzo Dennard

Ricky Henry

Cameron Meredith

Kyler Reed

Dejon Gomes

Brandon Kinnie

Taylor Martinez

Kenny Bell

(more to come I'm sure, he's just the only one who's had the biggest impact thus far)