SIGNED QB Tommy Armstrong*

ADS

why wouldn't they redshirt him? Unless he has a legit shot to be a starter, wouldn't it be better to not waste a year of eligibility to play a couple mop-up snaps? I just don't understand that. If they truly need him due to injury, or if he looks good enough to unseat tmart then don't redshirt him. If he is going to ride the pine anyway save the extra year so he can start for 3-4 years instead of 2.

• Fire 1

It's easy to get caught up in the eye candy, the long ball. But what caught my eye is the short and intermediate routes where he hit his receivers in stride. The last QB we had who could do that reliably was Joe Ganz. This young man is gonna be a good one, folks. I read after the bowl game that Bo realized he had a liability behind center (my words) in that an entire phase of the game was deficient.....reliable passing. If that was true and he really opens up a fair competetion in 2013 TA is going to be summin' special.

It's easy to get caught up in the eye candy, the long ball. But what caught my eye is the short and intermediate routes where he hit his receivers in stride. The last QB we had who could do that reliably was Joe Ganz. This young man is gonna be a good one, folks. I read after the bowl game that Bo realized he had a liability behind center (my words) in that an entire phase of the game was deficient.....reliable passing. If that was true and he really opens up a fair competetion in 2013 TA is going to be summin' special.

:o

I've been one of the main people on this site defending Taylor, but I'm all for someone stepping up and taking his job. It will be interesting to see what transpires this year in fall camp. Maybe JT gets a look at QB in the spring too if this is actually true.

After watching that senior highlight reel, I'm officially eating my words about Tommy's passing. I still think he makes some scary throws, but he always seems to put it where only his receiver can get it.

He's as good throwing on the run as any QB I've seen in a while. I saw some touch passes, pump fakes, decent footwork, and of course his arm strengh and rushing are both excellent. He does seem to have pretty much the total package.

:o

I've been one of the main people on this site defending Taylor, but I'm all for someone stepping up and taking his job. It will be interesting to see what transpires this year in fall camp. Maybe JT gets a look at QB in the spring too if this is actually true.

I think he realized that he had a liability not behind but AT center, guard and tackle as well... I believe Martinez is our best option at QB right now. I do think this staff needs to slip in our backup QB sooner in blowouts (whether we are getting blown out-see Wisconsin or are in no danger of losing).