SIGNED QB Tommy Armstrong*

ADS

I've watched and read up a lot on Armstrong, and I have to say that he's my top QB recruit this year, ahead of both Alford and Fuller (more on him later). Armstrong is the best pure QB recruit that we're on right now, and is the best one we have a chance of landing. His throwing motion has a kink or two in it, but his delivery is smooth. A change in his lead-arm placement would probably do him good, but as a HS Junior, his motion looks better than Taylor's does as a college RS Sophomore. It doesn't look like he has Taylor (or even Brion's) speed, but he is deceptively fast. The one thing that really interests me is going to be seeing him play without Malcolm Brown in the same backfield; now all 11 sets of eyes will be on him as opposed to the best RB in the country. Regardless, I think he's got the potential to be a star, and he's really high on Nebraska. When we first started recruiting him, we weren't in a position to take a QB; we told Tommy that his offer was, pretty much, contingent on what Starling was going to do. After CGreen left, Beck had a conversation with him, told him circumstances had changed, and that we had a spot for him. Tommy was incredibly impressed with the honesty and and the way Beck and Bo handled that part of the process, and that's when we really shot up to the top of his board.

*A note on Fuller: I think we have a good shot at landing him, but I don't think he'll be a QB at the next level. He's too much of an athletic freak to sit behind TMart, Carnes and possibly Turner. He'll move to another position and play immediately.

I like Tommy a lot also, I think the staff should look to take both Armstrong and Fuller if both want to come to NU. I think both would be great gets, regardless of position they play. I think of Fuller much in the same way as Turner, just too good not to take if possible. I still think Turner gets a shot at QB after this year and I think Fuller would as well.

I've watched and read up a lot on Armstrong, and I have to say that he's my top QB recruit this year, ahead of both Alford and Fuller (more on him later). Armstrong is the best pure QB recruit that we're on right now, and is the best one we have a chance of landing. His throwing motion has a kink or two in it, but his delivery is smooth. A change in his lead-arm placement would probably do him good, but as a HS Junior, his motion looks better than Taylor's does as a college RS Sophomore. It doesn't look like he has Taylor (or even Brion's) speed, but he is deceptively fast. The one thing that really interests me is going to be seeing him play without Malcolm Brown in the same backfield; now all 11 sets of eyes will be on him as opposed to the best RB in the country. Regardless, I think he's got the potential to be a star, and he's really high on Nebraska. When we first started recruiting him, we weren't in a position to take a QB; we told Tommy that his offer was, pretty much, contingent on what Starling was going to do. After CGreen left, Beck had a conversation with him, told him circumstances had changed, and that we had a spot for him. Tommy was incredibly impressed with the honesty and and the way Beck and Bo handled that part of the process, and that's when we really shot up to the top of his board.

*A note on Fuller: I think we have a good shot at landing him, but I don't think he'll be a QB at the next level. He's too much of an athletic freak to sit behind TMart, Carnes and possibly Turner. He'll move to another position and play immediately.

I dont disagree with this post at all. Nothing is out of place or an obvious omission.

Great post.

Barring Bubba passing on millions we don't have a schollie-qb for last class(fortunately we landed Broekemeier as a solid scout-qb/back-up plan). Puts the '12 guy in good shape to be a starter down the road. That is a definite selling-point for us.

• 2 weeks later...

Nothing is in stone. But signs are pointing towards the OSU game. A weekend that we all pretty much know will be star studded and huge.

Roll out the red carpet for the big time recruits that will at this game.

red-carpet.jpg

• 2 weeks later...