Candidates for baseball HC?

I am actually shocked now that this has been confirmed. Something that needed to be done, yes. Something that I thought would be resolved, not so much. Didn't think TO would have the juevos to do it. If I am Doc Sadler I would be pretty leery now.

But this is about all ya need to know about Will Bolt. Started here for four years. Was an assistant on the best team in NU's history(2005) working with the infielders and assisted with hitting. In 2005-2007 he was an assistant for Childress at A&M. At his current gig at Texarkana College he has led them to three straight postseason tourneys. And has sent 20 kids to Division I teams, 11 of those to either the Big XII or SEC conferences. Will heading into this year had an overall record of 73-38.

The pipe dream name that will be thrown out there is Brian O'Conner HC at Virginia. Former Creighton pitcher and coach. Born in Omaha, graduated from CB St. Albert and then pitched at Creighton. Also was CU's pitching coach from 93-95. So yes he has ties to the area. However, do those ties lead to a decision to leave a program that is more or less a college power, and plays in a VERY good baseball conference? Seven straight to the NCAA tourney, including the 2009 CWS. Had an overall win percentage of .728 heading into the year.

And for those that will throw out the name, Darin Erstad is NOT the answer.

• Fire 2

I agree that Erstad will not get the job. However I do believe a few years back he donated what amounted to $1 million dollars to the athletics account! Big money.

Not sure of his name but I say we go after VanHornes assistant at Arkansas.

O'Connor would be a great hire but afraid it is going to take lots of cash to lure him away.

Surprised that Tom made this announcement but it is past due. Mike always came across as an "arrogant prick" whenever I heard him do an interview.

I agree that Erstad will not get the job. However I do believe a few years back he donated what amounted to $1 million dollars to the athletics account! Big money.

Not sure of his name but I say we go after VanHornes assistant at Arkansas.

O'Connor would be a great hire but afraid it is going to take lots of cash to lure him away.

Surprised that Tom made this announcement but it is past due. Mike always came across as an "arrogant prick" whenever I heard him do an interview.

I think Ernstad should at least stay as a hitting coach though. Looks good to recruits to have a previous major leaguer on the coaching staff, and I do think he has done a pretty good job. Cooper has improved and our hitting was a little better than last seasons.

In my opinion, this was a year overdue, and congrats to TO for having the guts to pull the trigger. Just like many on this thread, Will Bolt was the FIRST name to come into my head. I have thought about this all year, and I really HOPE that Bolt is NU's next baseball coach.

I think Ernstad should at least stay as a hitting coach though. Looks good to recruits to have a previous major leaguer on the coaching staff, and I do think he has done a pretty good job. Cooper has improved and our hitting was a little better than last seasons.

I know there were more than a couple of guys on the team that didn't agree with Erstad's hitting approach and methods. The guy obviously has the pedigree with his MLB career but a lot of coaching is adapting your ways with what players bring to the table. Let them keep what is comfortable to them but lend your advise to help it, don't try to bang the square peg through the round hole.

O'Conner, as someone else said would probably need a pretty big check just to probably get him to listen to TO's sales pitch. The local ties help, but he has a REALLY good thing going at UVA in a VERY good conference.

Seely is an intriguing name that I hadn't thought about. Still thinks this is Will Bolt's position to turn down though and I can't see him doing that.

I don't have a name or a clue- but I am surprised TO pulled the trigger. I can't wait to see who he hires. Either way- we should be better off and the fan base should be returning their butts to the seats. I miss the large sell out crowds.