Candidates for baseball HC?

Would this effect Bubba Sterlings choice to come play to N if he didnt get enough money in the draft?

this is my first worry as well. dont care about baseball at all but i want me some bubba.

This too was my first thought and correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't it down to Notre Dame and Nebraska with Bubba because both Universities were willing to let him play both sports. I believe Bubba didn't commit to Notre Dame because they fired their Baseball coach last year where we did not.

Whoever Nebraska replaces as the Baseball's new coach should contact Bubba in any form if they are allowed to without breaking any NCAA rules.

Why is Erstadt not the answer? Lack of Head Coaching experience?

If T.O. decides to hire Erstadt, I would not lose any sleep.

I am not saying he is the answer, just curious why some think he is not.

The quote below is from the Journal Star article announcing Anderson being fired. I cut and paste the quote from Newman, because it is interesting that all of Anderson's main asst. will meet with Osborne tomorrow. Typically, once people find out that you have been fired, you are already gone...not the three assistants. Very interesting.

It's unclear if Osborne plans to name an interim coach. Newman said Osborne asked to meet later with him and the other full-time assistant, Dave Bingham, along with Erstad.

Some one also mentioned the name Childress? Does anyone know who he is?

Head coach at Texas A&M right now, and the obvious wrong decision made by a double-timing "Dollar Bill" Byrne.

And while the current state of Big 10 baseball is sub-par, it won't stay that way for long--television exposure will help a great deal towards driving improvement within the conference. Additionally, I've heard scuttlebutt from friends back home that the Big 10 will review conference scholarship policies, because we're not the only school saying that the current policy hinders ability to recruit.

So don't be shocked if we still offer big money for a big name (read: O'Conner, Childress) and are lauded (and prodded) by Delaney, et al for doing so. It may be an easy hill to climb, but bringing in Nebraska will ultimately improve the baseball acumen of the conference, which will ultimately pay dividends in years to come.

He should have been named head coach when van horn left. He was an outstanding recruiter who knows pitching very well and can mold guys on the mound. He isn't coming here, although I'd love to see it.

He should have been named head coach when van horn left. He was an outstanding recruiter who knows pitching very well and can mold guys on the mound. He isn't coming here, although I'd love to see it.

How much was Childress making in comparison to MA? If we're offering more than what he's making at A&M, then I would think we have a reasonable shot to land whomever we want, regardless of how Big 10 Baseball is perceived.

Augie at Texas is paid the most Mike was second I believe and was paid about $330k I think childress is just behind him. So its not going to be significant enough to leave something he just started building a few years ago. Warm weather school easier to recruit to. If we offered an ungodly amount we would get one of those top tier guys like childress or the Virginia Guy. But its TO who decides this and I don't think he is willing to fork out a ton of money for a baseball coach. The thing is, if we have good teams baseball can actually make money. A few years ago I think we averaged close to or over 5000 a game. I bet this year was closer to 2000-2500

Augie at Texas is paid the most Mike was second I believe and was paid about $330k I think childress is just behind him. So its not going to be significant enough to leave something he just started building a few years ago. Warm weather school easier to recruit to. If we offered an ungodly amount we would get one of those top tier guys like childress or the Virginia Guy. But its TO who decides this and I don't think he is willing to fork out a ton of money for a baseball coach. The thing is, if we have good teams baseball can actually make money. A few years ago I think we averaged close to or over 5000 a game. I bet this year was closer to 2000-2500

http://my.journalstar.com/post/Husker_Extra_Group/Husker_Extra/blog/the_crowds_.html Here's the averages if anyone's interested.

EDIT: wrong link, now fixed.

Would this effect Bubba Sterlings choice to come play to N if he didnt get enough money in the draft?

this is my first worry as well. dont care about baseball at all but i want me some bubba.

This too was my first thought and correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't it down to Notre Dame and Nebraska with Bubba because both Universities were willing to let him play both sports. I believe Bubba didn't commit to Notre Dame because they fired their Baseball coach last year where we did not.

Whoever Nebraska replaces as the Baseball's new coach should contact Bubba in any form if they are allowed to without breaking any NCAA rules.

Yes that played as big part of his decision reportedly.

On 1620 they were talking with Sipple or Sherman (can't remember which one) they asked if what happened to MA would effect Bubba's decision and he said with the interviews he has had with him he didn't think it would have much. Whenever Nebraska was brought it up Bubba always brought up Pelini and football and baseball was hardly brought up other than the fact that he was allowed to play both here. With that said I'm sure it has some impact but probably not enough to change his decision. If he chooses to come here it is because he wants to play football for Nebraska, not baseball.

Actually, Erstad would be a reach. Question is, would it be a risky reach? I'm sure the current players will be interviewed. If they voice admiration for Erstad, one would think he'd be looked at.

Servais won't get looked at because TO (and most baseball fans alike) knows the need to keep Creighton competitive. Sker's need high rpi annual foes and Creighton is just that.

O'Connor is a strong possibility and becomes stronger as each day goes by with nothing being released. (Let the season end before any announcements.) This goes true to several prospects. Personally, I'd like to start a rumor that we are talking with Mike Gillespie of UC Irvine with Will Bolt as the Associate Head Coach. I know, wet dream but hey.. dreams sometimes come true. :)