SIGNED ATH Alonzo Moore

• 2 months later...

Does anybody have any info on this kid? I see on rivals coach Raymond was down to visit him.. Things got really quiet with this dude

This isn't a diss on Alonzo Moore, but I kind of forgot about him after Tommy Armstrong committed. Obviously the coaches didn't since they paid him a visit today. Does anyone know if he still shows a strong interest towards Nebraska?

Does anybody have any info on this kid? I see on rivals coach Raymond was down to visit him.. Things got really quiet with this dude

This isn't a diss on Alonzo Moore, but I kind of forgot about him after Tommy Armstrong committed. Obviously the coaches didn't since they paid him a visit today. Does anyone know if he still shows a strong interest towards Nebraska?

Did you even read the post two above yours.

Did you even read the post two above yours.

+1

• 2 weeks later...

So apparently Alonzo really wants to play/get a shot at QB in college. I would love to add this kid as a WR. Will be interesting to see how this plays out. He did it all for his HS team this year. The kid is an Athlete, could play 5/6 spots in college.

If he wants to play QB, he won't and shouldn't come to Nebraska. Mainly because there is too much talent ahead of him

So apparently Alonzo really wants to play/get a shot at QB in college. I would love to add this kid as a WR. Will be interesting to see how this plays out. He did it all for his HS team this year. The kid is an Athlete, could play 5/6 spots in college.

If he wants to play QB, he won't and shouldn't come to Nebraska. Mainly because there is too much talent ahead of him

True as this is, they take him. Let him start there. He is almost a hybrid TA/DF clone. He has the size(he's closer to 190 according to his coach) and arm of TA but the elusiveness and moves of DF. He played everything for his high school team. Honestly I'd put Alonzo at WR after letting him try QB.

But I posted the abouthis preference for a reason. If he is looking for that shot, maybe it isn't here. I just think this kid is pretty dynamic. Like I said, he could play QB, RB, WR, CB, S, returner. He is that good.

Paul, is this kid kind of like Patrick Cobb, I think he played out at kentucky, kind of played QB, RB, WR.

I am sure you mean Randall Cobb. And yes, sans Cobb's speed but not by much. Background for others here Randall was All SEC Freshman team and then first team All SEC the rest of his career at Kentucky. In his career he totaled 1700 receiving yards, 1300 rushing, 700 passing and 1600 returning.

The deal with Moore is he could easily flip to the other side of the ball and be a lock down corner(perfect size at 6'2) or bulk up and be a very good safety. He did it all for his HS, his coach tried to play him at WR this year, but he ended up having to do it all on a very good team.

Paul, is this kid kind of like Patrick Cobb, I think he played out at kentucky, kind of played QB, RB, WR.

I am sure you mean Randall Cobb. And yes, sans Cobb's speed but not by much. Background for others here Randall was All SEC Freshman team and then first team All SEC the rest of his career at Kentucky. In his career he totaled 1700 receiving yards, 1300 rushing, 700 passing and 1600 returning.

The deal with Moore is he could easily flip to the other side of the ball and be a lock down corner(perfect size at 6'2) or bulk up and be a very good safety. He did it all for his HS, his coach tried to play him at WR this year, but he ended up having to do it all on a very good team.

Who the hell is Patrick Cobb? Why would I have said that? I might as well have said Bob Cobb from Seinfeld!

Thanks though, that is kind of what I thought.

I really want this kid. He's been talked up in conversations down here in east Texas. Dynamic athlete. He'll have a chance to play QB elsewhere and I believe we're recruiting him as a WR, but I think our coaches and his trip to Lincoln made a good impression on him, so he'll have a tough choice to make, but I think he'll make his decision in the next few weeks.