SIGNED ATH Alonzo Moore

Just got done watching his highlight reel on Hudl. This guy is FAST! And he has a great change of direction. Looks like a prototypical corner if we can get him on campus. I don't see him being quite as electric as Jamal Turner with the ball in his hands but he is probably faster. Would make a dang nice CB for us.

with all the over signing in the SEC it seems like these teams are such abysmal monsters being a f'ing vacumm clearner and sucking up al the talent out there with their seemingly endless amounts of scholarships......... how can this be stopped?

You would think an NCAA bylaw (oversigning = major violation) would work. Unlike other bylaws (e.g. extra benefits), it would be easy to enforce (i.e. count the number of players on scholarship).

Frankly I'm baffled as to why this hasn't happened. It sounds like a practice only a minority of schools (SEC) do, so I don't know why a strong majority of schools and conferences haven't come together to try and stop it. How couldn't this piss off the schools that don't oversign? I know it sticks in my craw.

People talk about this all the time but I've yet to see a good explanation of why the SEC is allowed to oversign without repercussion. Maybe someone who actually knows something about the matter can explain it.

LSU wanted him, but was already full

True... but apparently, some of LSU's commits have decommitted recently, or guys they thought they were going to get, they now think they aren't going to get... which opens up room for Moore.

Wait. None sense. When LSU misses on a guy they don't offer another guy just to have numbers in their class. They won't take a guy to just fill up space as they'd rather not waste a scholarship. That's how they get so good. At least that's what I've been told on this board before.
  • Fire 2

**Was listening to radio show here in Baton Rouge with LSU recruiting analyst Derek Ponamsky... a caller called in and asked about LSU's interest in Alonzo Moore, and Ponamsky stated that Moore is going to Nebraska... take that for what it's worth, but he is usually spot-on!

Awesome info FLU. If comes to fruition, lessens the blow of Fuller. In a small class like this, Moore is that much more valuable since he can play on either side of the ball. It's almost like getting 2 recruits!

Almost.... eyeswear2allthatsholy

I think we get him unless LSU gives him a late offer. If they do, I'd give us a 50-50 shot. Hopefully LSU will get the guys they want and will leave Moore alone. The question is, will he even be academically qualified?

Big Ern and Paul Krewe seem to think he's 'N' no matter what. Still, I think Ponamsky could have been right when he said that Moore is Nebraska-bound, barring something drastic happening... in other words, receiving an LSU offer.