SIGNED ATH Alonzo Moore

Scout calls Alonzo a "speedster" but he's listed with a 4.65 speed on Rivals and a 4.58 speed on ESPN. I thought a speedster was defined as a guy who has a 4.4 or faster?

All the Rivals guys are saying he showed much faster at our camp, and was one of the top performers there..

He was called a "man among boys" here scroll down a bit

And some are hinting at him committing.. should know more soon

I think he is N, and there is a difference between a timed 40 and football speed. He has plenty of football speed, and would be a welcomed addition to this class.

Sounds like a sleeper... we might have gotten a steal here. I just hope we start using all this young wide receiver talent coming in... Kenny Bell, Jamal Turner, Jordan Westerkamp, Alonzo Moore, that could be a speed deadly group. We need to use that!

Scout calls Alonzo a "speedster" but he's listed with a 4.65 speed on Rivals and a 4.58 speed on ESPN. I thought a speedster was defined as a guy who has a 4.4 or faster?

All the Rivals guys are saying he showed much faster at our camp, and was one of the top performers there..

He was called a "man among boys" here scroll down a bit

And some are hinting at him committing.. should know more soon

In the interview with him he says he wants to be the first in his family to play college ball close to home. He said his brother went to North Carolina and that didn't work out very well. I wonder if something has changed or is it just because he's not getting offers close enough to home.

Sounds like a sleeper... we might have gotten a steal here. I just hope we start using all this young wide receiver talent coming in... Kenny Bell, Jamal Turner, Jordan Westerkamp, Alonzo Moore, that could be a speed deadly group. We need to use that!

NU needs to consistantly get balls to those WR's first. Hopefully that has/is being addressed as we speak. I'd hope so, but last year way to many open guys were missed, by eiter balls at their feet or weren't seen by a QB locked in on one guy.

NU needs to consistantly get balls to those WR's first. Hopefully that has/is being addressed as we speak. I'd hope so, but last year way to many open guys were missed, by eiter balls at their feet or weren't seen by a QB locked in on one guy.

I would completely, 100% agree with this statement. We have GOT to find/get/develop a guy who can throw well to our receivers. If we open up a consistent passing attack then even if we only go to it 30% of the time, the defense will have to guard it 100% of the time or it will kill them. If we can't pass well, then defenses load the box and stop the QB/RB/FB run. If Taylor is going to be deadly with his feet, if Rex is going to pick up 8-9yds/carry then we're going to have to throw the ball well the 30% of the time that we throw it. OR else our weapons end up on the ground.

yup. important to remember though that we had a freshman at QB last year, so struggles were to be expected. even so, he was more than adequate as a passer until he hurt his leg and defenses no longer had to respect his running threat. a healthy(er) martinez can get those safeties worried more about the run game and open things up. throw in a simplified offense and i think we'll see some strides in the passing game this season.

It's kind of hard for this not to make me sound like a jerk, but I am pretty sure we aren't coaching our QBs to miss receivers. It's not just a matter of "Hey, maybe next time you should try completing that pass." Honestly, if I had to pick a position where we don't have a standout player, it would be at WR. All I want is for someone who catches a ball that hits their hands. They don't need to be extremely fast or strong, just reliable--like Swift or Peterson. I think we are oversimplifying the passing game by saying we just need to complete more passes to WR's and then we can start getting 4 and 5 star recruits. I would rather see us run the ball a majority of the time than to see us consistantly try to get balls to WRs. But maybe I am still scarred from a certain coaching regime.

Sounds like his top three include Nebraska, Miss State and La Tech. Miss State just received verbals from two WR's last week and they may not have room for another. Supposedly PJ Smith did a good job of wooing him, so there's a strong chance he's N.

I have a hunch he's N, it's just not public yet.

Sounds like his top three include Nebraska, Miss State and La Tech. Miss State just received verbals from two WR's last week and they may not have room for another. Supposedly PJ Smith did a good job of wooing him, so there's a strong chance he's N.

I have a hunch of that too but I also think it might just be until LSU offers (if they do), those kids from that area, if they get an LSU offer, just dont seem to leave.

I have a hunch of that too but I also think it might just be until LSU offers (if they do), those kids from that area, if they get an LSU offer, just dont seem to leave.

I also think he's N, just not public.. and am worried about an LSU offer, but it looks like they won't even offer due to commits they already have

I also think he's N, just not public.. and am worried about an LSU offer, but it looks like they won't even offer due to commits they already have

Ya, LSU already has 18 commits. That includes four db's, three wr's, and two athletes. You never know what will happen but I think additional offers probably go to other needs.

• 3 weeks later...

I am not a huge star gazer, but I find it a bit odd that he is only a 2 star with the list of scholarship offers he has. I didn't find a lot of film on him so I am guessing that may be a factor, are grades an issue here?

I Just think it is because he hasnt been rated yet. The reason why you havent found a lot film also could be the same reason he is a two star, no one has seen his film to evaluate him.

I am not a huge star gazer, but I find it a bit odd that he is only a 2 star with the list of scholarship offers he has. I didn't find a lot of film on him so I am guessing that may be a factor, are grades an issue here?

I Just think it is because he hasnt been rated yet. The reason why you havent found a lot film also could be the same reason he is a two star, no one has seen his film to evaluate him.

kinda goes along the lines of finding guys who go under the radar a bit (to rivals or the services but not to the staff) and turn into studs....