McKewon: Huskers test quarterback market

A proven Turner? In what sense is Turner proven? A true freshman athlete that was quickly moved to receiver, where he has been focusing. And walk-ons like Kellogg that don't seem to fit in the new system at all. There is no depth.

Striking out on QB recruits is how programs end up screwed...and that happens often even with taking QBs year after year because they get hurt, wash out, transfer, etc.

We needed two QBs bad last year, and we probably are getting neither. I think we will need two QBs bad again next year. By the time they get here, Taylor will be a junior and Brion a sophomore. If they redshirt, by the time they can play as true freshmen Taylor will be a senior and Brion a junior. Our QBs that will be in this class are very important.

If rumor about Cody Green transferring, then i switch my response. Originally, recruiting one QB this year was fine, two would have been excessive to me (too many QB riding the pine spells transfers to me). But if Green leaves and Spano just calling signals with Kellogg or whoever. Then two QB's this year would be the minimum to get whether Bubba signs or not.

A proven Turner? In what sense is Turner proven? A true freshman athlete that was quickly moved to receiver, where he has been focusing. And walk-ons like Kellogg that don't seem to fit in the new system at all. There is no depth.

Striking out on QB recruits is how programs end up screwed...and that happens often even with taking QBs year after year because they get hurt, wash out, transfer, etc.

We needed two QBs bad last year, and we probably are getting neither. I think we will need two QBs bad again next year. By the time they get here, Taylor will be a junior and Brion a sophomore. If they redshirt, by the time they can play as true freshmen Taylor will be a senior and Brion a junior. Our QBs that will be in this class are very important.

absolutely correct! this situation ain't good....