Official NBA Finals Thread

Karma's a b**** LeBron....this is what you get for mocking Dirk.

There are more players on the Dallas roster that deserve this ring more than the 3 on the Heat roster!!!

It was mostly Wade mocking him, Lebron just laughed. But Wade was actually coughing...ya okay. Dirk is a class act and deserves a championship. Hes been loyal to Dallas from the beginning, even when they sucked balls. Even through a heartbreaking NBA finals. Even through getting knocked out in the first rd. year in and year out. Ah, being a Dallas fan actually feels pretty good right about now.

Husker 99, whats your excuse now for Miami losing? It can't be that Dallas is actually the better team. They deserve no credit at all.

Enjoy it will you can. Dirk and the Mavs had one great year that's all.

There are more players on the Dallas roster that deserve this ring more than the 3 on the Heat roster!!!

It was mostly Wade mocking him, Lebron just laughed. But Wade was actually coughing...ya okay. Dirk is a class act and deserves a championship. Hes been loyal to Dallas from the beginning, even when they sucked balls. Even through a heartbreaking NBA finals. Even through getting knocked out in the first rd. year in and year out. Ah, being a Dallas fan actually feels pretty good right about now.

Husker 99, whats your excuse now for Miami losing? It can't be that Dallas is actually the better team. They deserve no credit at all.

Pretty sure Dallas has fielded a competetive team for a number of years running now. The Iverson-led 76ers of the 2000-'01 season is a far better example of a team that had "one great year." But your reasoning is clearly predicated on emotion rather than logic so...

Pretty sure Dallas has fielded a competetive team for a number of years running now. The Iverson-led 76ers of the 2000-'01 season is a far better example of a team that had "one great year." But your reasoning is clearly predicated on emotion rather than logic so...

Dallas may have fielded a competitive team but most of the players had been together for awhile. Dallas for years underachieved in the playoffs. 01 76ers was because Iverson at his prime was a very good player and two the East at the time was relatively weak.

Dallas may have fielded a competitive team but most of the players had been together for awhile. Dallas for years underachieved in the playoffs. 01 76ers was because Iverson at his prime was a very good player and two the East at the time was relatively weak.

Is it just me or did you just completely switch arguments?

No, i just used logic. I never said Dallas wasn't competitive. Just that Dallas would not live up to expectations like so many years before. I was proved wrong. But one year doesn't change everything.

Until this year, when they won it all. Just give credit where credit is due.

I feel like you help strengthen my argument for Philly in '01 with your statement. What you describe in the circumstances surrounding the '01 76ers sounds a lot more like a one season anomaly than a team with a core group that has remained intact for a number of years and has routinely made it to and advanced in the playoffs.

I'm not even a Dallas fan.

No, i just used logic. I never said Dallas wasn't competitive. Just that Dallas would not live up to expectations like so many years before. I was proved wrong. But one year doesn't change everything.

Im sure Dirk would disagree. And what you said about Dallas not living up to expectations like so many other years...kinda sounds like many teams that have won championships before. One being the football team you cheer for. Nebraska could not get over the hump for so many years with Osborne as coach and then they finally won one and Im sure many people were saying the same thing as you, its just one year, enjoy it while you can. And then what happened the next year?

Im sure Dirk would disagree. And what you said about Dallas not living up to expectations like so many other years...kinda sounds like many teams that have won championships before. One being the football team you cheer for. Nebraska could not get over the hump for so many years with Osborne as coach and then they finally won one and Im sure many people were saying the same thing as you, its just one year, enjoy it while you can. And then what happened the next year?

Except Nebraska was competing for national championships a lot more than just 2 years 6 years apart. Nebraska was consistently built for championships, Dallas not so much.

Except Nebraska was competing for national championships a lot more than just 2 years 6 years apart. Nebraska was consistently built for championships, Dallas not so much.

:LOLtartar Really?

2006-2007: 67-15 #1 in WC

2007-2008: 51-31 #7 in WC (would have been #3 seed in EC with that record)

2008-2009: 50-32 #6 in WC (would have been #4 seed in EC with that record)

2009-2010: 55-27 #2 in WC

Looks like they had pretty damn good records to me since going to the finals in 2006. Six years of 50+ wins (counting 2006 and 2011) in the WC is pretty damn good!

:LOLtartar Really?

2006-2007: 67-15 #1 in WC

2007-2008: 51-31 #7 in WC (would have been #3 seed in EC with that record)

2008-2009: 50-32 #6 in WC (would have been #4 seed in EC with that record)

2009-2010: 55-27 #2 in WC

Looks like they had pretty damn good records to me since going to the finals in 2006. Six years of 50+ wins (counting 2006 and 2011) in the WC is pretty damn good!

Nebraska has been a couple of points away from adding more trophies to the case. The Mavericks haven't. Dallas has only been in the finals twice. Nebraska been playing for it all a lot more times. Big Difference.

Nebraska has been a couple of points away from adding more trophies to the case. The Mavericks haven't. Dallas has only been in the finals twice. Nebraska been playing for it all a lot more times. Big Difference.

Are you seriously comparing football to basketball? I was talking about teams that finally got over the hump and won a championship. NBA basketball is totally diff than college football and what each team has to go through to win a championship.