Deleted By Me!

An officer cannot just enter property and take things. Even if he witnessed the kid riding around the neighborhood on it, he couldn't take it. Depending on your city ordinances, it may or may not be unlawful, but the most he could do is write a summons. Most likely, the officer would just tell the kid to stop riding it, or talk to the parents about it.

Which is basically something you can do yourself. Stop relying on cops to do your dirty work.

I am not sure how to describe what this kid down the block has.but..will try. It looks like a skateboard with a motor on it. Anyway..he is driving me up the wall with this thing he is riding. He speeds alot and I am afraid he is going to hurt a kid who is riding their bike or if they are playing catch in the street someday with that thing of his! The street in front of us isn't busy but the cross street gets more traffic. My hon called the cops the other night because he was out and about on that thing again. The dispatcher wanted to know if he was out there at that moment and my hon just said he is out riding it somewhere and just asked if the cops could make themselves known more in our neighborhood. Well..I saw this kid again riding it again yestereday and I saw that he lives down the street from us. To make a long story short...since we know where he lives now..can a cop just go to his house and get the d_g thing without seeing the kid on it? Is that thing he has even legal? I would be very surprised it if was. Thx for any advice & help on this matter.

Honestly? I think your best bet is to live your life to the fullest and mind your own GD business. Jmo...

• Fire 2

Lots of hate towards a simple question.

Roxy, as frustrating as it is, i am guessing the thing is legal, however if he is riding it late at night, or endangering other kids playing you might be able to get a noise complant or something else filed.

My guess is it is just irritating you and your best bet is to just ignore it. If he continues to endager kids, go over to the house, and explain your side to the parents. Hopefully they will just ask him to be more careful.

I would not get the police involved because the kid is just having a good time, and it is unfair to go after him without talking to him first.

I deleted it because of the SOME..(NOT ALL)..replies were TOTALLY uncalled for...for instance...MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS!...you AREN'T here to see what I have seen this kid do and the way he drives that stupid thing! If you all like those contraptions..that is your choice to do so and it is MY choice NOT to like them! Someone is going to get HURT OR KILLED and at least I know in my heart that we have tried to stop someone from being hurt or killed..including the kid himself!! I had no idea they were LEGAL period!! and that is why I asked the question! I CERTAINLY DID NOT DESERVE THE BASHING SOME OF YOU GAVE ME! And as far as the member getting a LAUGH when people have a pff with a board they belong to...are you going to LAUGH if I post that a cop came to a parents house next door to tell them their kid got KILLED by this kid's carelessness??? I WON'T LAUGH..I LOVE KIDS AND AM WORRIED ABOUT THEM! THERE ARE GREAT KIDS WHO LIVE BY US WHO I CARE ALOT ABOUT!!! I know cops have alot BETTER things to do, but, I am CONCERNED!! As far as talking to thiS kid..how do you know this kid hasn't been talked to about it! I have 2 neighbors who live right by me and they are concerned also!! The kid has been talked to MANY TIMES around here for your information! and if you think I am going to get up at 2 am to talk to this kid..YOU ARE MISTAKEN! This kid has been talked to!!! HE DOESN'T GIVE A RAT'S A_S!!

I deleted it because of the SOME..(NOT ALL)..replies were TOTALLY uncalled for...for instance...MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS!...you AREN'T here to see what I have seen this kid do and the way he drives that stupid thing! If you all like those contraptions..that is your choice to do so and it is MY choice NOT to like them! Someone is going to get HURT OR KILLED and at least I know in my heart that we have tried to stop someone from being hurt or killed..including the kid himself!! I had no idea they were LEGAL period!! and that is why I asked the question! I CERTAINLY DID NOT DESERVE THE BASHING SOME OF YOU GAVE ME! And as far as the member getting a LAUGH when people have a pff with a board they belong to...are you going to LAUGH if I post that a cop came to a parents house next door to tell them their kid got KILLED by this kid's carelessness??? I WON'T LAUGH..I LOVE KIDS AND AM WORRIED ABOUT THEM! THERE ARE GREAT KIDS WHO LIVE BY US WHO I CARE ALOT ABOUT!!! I know cops have alot BETTER things to do, but, I am CONCERNED!! As far as talking to thiS kid..how do you know this kid hasn't been talked to about it! I have 2 neighbors who live right by me and they are concerned also!! The kid has been talked to MANY TIMES around here for your informatiuon! and if you think I am going to get up at 2 am to talk to this kid..YOU ARE MISTAKEN! This kid has been talked to!!! HE DOESN'T GIVE A RAT'S A_S!!

I'm guessing the bolded part was for me. I'm not getting a laugh at the situation. I absolutely loathe driving home from work cuz there are so many unsupervised kids that dart out from between parked cars or ride their bikes like crazy people, but I'm damn good driver and I watch for that stuff.

Anyway, I'm not getting a laugh at the fact that you're annoyed by some kid in your neighborhood. I said I get a kick out of people that get butt hurt on the internet. It made me laugh that you posted a question about a situation that you are concerned about, but the minute you caught any flack about it, you deleted it. That's funny to me that you let strangers from the internet affect your decision to leave your post up. It's even funnier now that you're coming back to defend yourself about deleting it.

I think you should've just left the original question, ignored the "haters" and whatnot, and waited for a legit response. :)

We've had terrible neighbors before too. The one kid shot my dad a couple times with a B.B. gun while my dad was mowing the lawn. They also used to go outside and bust up concrete at 1 a.m. cuz it's "too hot" during the day to work outside. :lol:

Hope you get an answer to your original question, and maybe that neighbor kid will be a little more responsible with his toy. :thumbs