"Time for a Truce on Texas" Lee Barfnecht

I'm with Lee here. So tired of seeing all the jealous-little-brother attitudes toward Texas. It doesn't fit our fanbase. I always hate when people get up on their "We Have SO Much Tradition" high horses when it comes to a lot of things, but in this case I actually agree that we are a proud enough program that we don't need to have these hissy fits when it comes to Texas. Let's move on already.

Nice straw man.

The main person here who hasn't moved on is Lee Barfknecht. Why? Because he needed a story for his deadline, so he fabricated something. Something that, not surprisingly, reflected poorly on Husker fans, because that's Lee's schtick. So we have some doofuses who booed Texas at the CWS. Cry me a river. You will NEVER, EVER find a fan base that is 100% free from booing an opponent.

What you will find, right here in Lincoln, Nebraska, is a fan base that has a vast majority who will treat an opponent with class and respect. Barf chooses, in his column, to ignore that and speak to the lowest common denominator as if they are representative of the fan base. Guess what? He knows as well as you and I that no matter what you say to those folks, they won't conform. It's a fool's errand, and Barf is that fool - needing a story to earn his bread, no doubt - who takes up that errand.

So support him all you want. You're speaking about the minority as if they are the majority. It's a straw man argument, and it has no bearing on this fan base.

• Fire 2

First, the difference here is that Barf is using his position as a "professional" journalist. This isn't a Facebook post. To condemn Husker fans for a few boos is not right. It doesn't represent the overwhelming majority of huskers who are as classy as any out there.

Second, the Texas collective consciousness is one of HUGE ego and "better than you" attitude. They deserve a few boos from a program that is every bit as good as theirs.

I think at time Booing the hated enemy is OK, if anyone else from Minnesota sees this I think they will appreciate the Pat Royce (Minneapolis Sports Writer) ideal that it is OK to be old school and consider all opponents the hated enemy.

Nice straw man.

The main person here who hasn't moved on is Lee Barfknecht. Why? Because he needed a story for his deadline, so he fabricated something. Something that, not surprisingly, reflected poorly on Husker fans, because that's Lee's schtick. So we have some doofuses who booed Texas at the CWS. Cry me a river. You will NEVER, EVER find a fan base that is 100% free from booing an opponent.

What you will find, right here in Lincoln, Nebraska, is a fan base that has a vast majority who will treat an opponent with class and respect. Barf chooses, in his column, to ignore that and speak to the lowest common denominator as if they are representative of the fan base. Guess what? He knows as well as you and I that no matter what you say to those folks, they won't conform. It's a fool's errand, and Barf is that fool - needing a story to earn his bread, no doubt - who takes up that errand.

So support him all you want. You're speaking about the minority as if they are the majority. It's a straw man argument, and it has no bearing on this fan base.

This. And may I add that when in and around Memorial Stadium, I do act with class and decorum. How I act in person when representing Nebraska as a fan is different than how I truly feel. At the end of the '08 VT game, I just wanted to show my disdain, but quickly realized nothing but negativity for the fans would come from it, so I instead bought VT fans a round at Duffy's.

But that still doesn't mean that Texas can collectively go do something anatomically impossible to themselves, and it doesn't mean we need a lecture from Barfy, the perpetual 'Husker apologist. Until Nebraska fans, en masse, do something in poor taste (e.g. boo-birding the kids in Lincoln), Barfy needs a huge helping of STFU.

And until Texas does right by the boys that played for Nebraska in 2009, f**k those tea-sipping sons and daughters of whores in Austin.