I can't be the only Husker fan out there that plays Steam games online. If you don't know what Steam is and have a computer capable of running average to top of the line video games (Average as in Doom, top of line as in Modern Warfare 2) I suggest checking it out.

I have Steam, but the only game I have is Team Fortress 2

That's a great game though.

If you run that game okay, there are several others that you might be interested in from the source engine. Games like Day of Defeat: Source, the upcoming Natural Selection 2...it'd probably be easier to just screen cap my games list lol. I have about 30.

I don't have it installed atm but I do have it and used to play quite a bit of CS:S along with MW2. I have orange box but absolutely hated TF2. Although to be honest hated TF when it came out as a quake1 mod, dunno why I thought I'd like it 14 years later.

I cant play FPS games on consoles. Thumb-sticks suck.

I don't have it installed atm but I do have it and used to play quite a bit of CS:S along with MW2. I have orange box but absolutely hated TF2. Although to be honest hated TF when it came out as a quake1 mod, dunno why I thought I'd like it 14 years later.

I started serious gaming on the computer and, like you, couldn't play console fps shooters for the longest time. Once I hit college console games became far more convenient. I had a great desktop computer at home that did really well with video games, but even though I got a "gaming" laptop it couldn't quite handle the better video games out there so I lost touch with steam.

Now that I have a better desktop again I play a lot of good games with ease.

A few games I'd recommend that are relatively cheap:

Day of Defeat: Source

Torchlight (if you're into top-down fighting games like Diablo)

Left 4 Dead and Left 4 Dead 2

Natural Selection 2 - This is one of the more interesting fps's out there because it also involves some real time strategy. It pits a group of marines versus a group of aliens and each team has a commander responsible for several duties. You have to capture resources areas as foot soldiers/aliens and build resource extractors. The more resources you have the more things you can do (i.e. Marines can research better weapons, teleport technologies, etc.). Eventually who ever takes down the enemy commanding chair wins.

Unfortunately this game is in beta testing right now so it isn't available just yet unless you're ready to pay full price for the game.. I've had it since Alpha testing and it's come a long way, though.

I probably don't have machine for anything new and probably won't upgrade until another MMOfps or non-MW fps takes off big. I cant stand the non-dedicated servers auto-p2p-matchmaking stuff.

It's a shame, cause MW2 was sorta fun online except for the blatant hacking, the hacked servers, the host ragequits, etc.

That and the single player mission, 10 minute long cutscene of crap I don't care about, mission, super long stupid cutscene, repeat of MW3 was enough to sour me on playing a Modern Warfare game ever again. Both those MW games were pushing my video card to the point of overheating and a new machine is not in the budget.

Like all the Half-Life series, left 4 dead and crysis series. bioshock not so much kinda different I bought the whole 79 buck package a few years back but don't play most of the games.

my son played MW and COD a lot at college and for a while after; being a LEO is enough excitement now for him :)

I used to scare the crap out of him when he was smaller and was playing DOOM in the dark ahhh good times :D

GBR

Like all the Half-Life series, left 4 dead and crysis series. bioshock not so much kinda different I bought the whole 79 buck package a few years back but don't play most of the games.

my son played MW and COD a lot at college and for a while after; being a LEO is enough excitement now for him :)

I used to scare the crap out of him when he was smaller and was playing DOOM in the dark ahhh good times :D

GBR

DOOM!

I downloaded all of them (1 through 3) a couple of years ago. Doom was actually the first video game I ever played, and I couldn't have been older than five (came out in 1993 but idk exactly when I played it). Either way, I remember getting sick after playing it lol. But in some weird way it got me hooked on video games.

I started serious gaming on the computer and, like you, couldn't play console fps shooters for the longest time. Once I hit college console games became far more convenient. I had a great desktop computer at home that did really well with video games, but even though I got a "gaming" laptop it couldn't quite handle the better video games out there so I lost touch with steam.

Now that I have a better desktop again I play a lot of good games with ease.

A few games I'd recommend that are relatively cheap:

Day of Defeat: Source

Torchlight (if you're into top-down fighting games like Diablo)

Left 4 Dead and Left 4 Dead 2

Natural Selection 2 - This is one of the more interesting fps's out there because it also involves some real time strategy. It pits a group of marines versus a group of aliens and each team has a commander responsible for several duties. You have to capture resources areas as foot soldiers/aliens and build resource extractors. The more resources you have the more things you can do (i.e. Marines can research better weapons, teleport technologies, etc.). Eventually who ever takes down the enemy commanding chair wins.

Unfortunately this game is in beta testing right now so it isn't available just yet unless you're ready to pay full price for the game.. I've had it since Alpha testing and it's come a long way, though.

Torchlight FTW. And yes, I have Steam, though I have been busy trying to coax my sans-graphics card PC along playing "The Witcher" via GoG.

They have a ton of indie games also, so you don't even necessarily need that good of a computer.

They have a lot of sales going on right now, just picked up Defense Grid and all the DLC for 7 bucks. Steam is seriously the best place to buy games from.

I made a group: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/huskerboard

Been with Steam since it first came out. Love the Half-Life series. Finished Portal 2 not that long ago but haven't been able to find anyone to do co-op with. Hit me up if interested.

Portal 2 was f'ing awesome. I'm also needing a coop buddy at some point

• 2 weeks later...