Martinez the leader?

Oh, come on. Who is not aware of the flak Taylor took last year? It'd take someone who didn't follow Husker football at all.

I'm not saying it's a cooked up scheme to sway public opinion. Just some no-name freshman going online and propping up his QB. That's how I look at the whole thing and I think it's pretty cool. Players say good things about each other all the time. It is really just "pretty cool." Where it gets presented as "evidence you guys were all totally wrong about Taylor" is where I disagree.

If you want to discuss Taylor's current standing with the team, rumor has it that it's pretty good and the younger players like him and look up to him. Any past cohesion problems in my opinion would have been mitigated or just plain cut out by graduation and coaching turnover. But what do I know, they're just rumors.

Also, I think i've met my quota for comments on an 18 year old's tweet... kinda disturbed myself, actually. I'm out.

Word.

seems social networking has taken on a life of it's own, i think i will patiently wait for the season to begin and evaluate TM and others based on their performance after a few games. amazing how much attention is garnered by a tweet from a single player, come on guys.....really?? :snacks:

Don't be upset. This is a tweet, by Aaron Green. Just remind people of that.

A couple were taking this and trumpeting around saying, "see? Martinez IS a leader", as if it's some great empirical evidence or proof or whatever. No, it's just a tweet, and an incoming freshman RB announcing that he's getting some tutelage from the QB. It's small and meaningless, but it's cool and it reflects well on both players.

It's a hell of a lot more solid "proof" than any of the BS rumors we've heard around here about the various nefarious things Martinez is supposedly saying/doing/behaving. Perpetuated, by the way, by you, among others.

So you are fully willing to give credence to, and repeatedly repost negative rumors, but when a player tweets something that may be positive about another player you do not like, you very easily and quickly dismiss it.

I think this thread says far more about you than it says about either Martinez or Green.

100% on the money. Zoogies "never" misses a chance to diss Tmart as any internet rumor is just fine for that purpose.

Que HuskerScott to tag along in 6.....5......4......

Priceless! I have a feeling that there are a certain few posters on other boards that are also going to rip Tmart over this quote.

Think about it, you have a TEAMMATE here who tweeted, which is the same thing as saying it to the press. He singled out ONE guy and only ONE guy and publicly THANKED him for his help.

How much more do you want?

A couple were taking this and trumpeting around saying, "see? Martinez IS a leader", as if it's some great empirical evidence or proof or whatever. No, it's just a tweet, and an incoming freshman RB announcing that he's getting some tutelage from the QB. It's small and meaningless, but it's cool and it reflects well on both players.

It's a hell of a lot more solid "proof" than any of the BS rumors we've heard around here about the various nefarious things Martinez is supposedly saying/doing/behaving. Perpetuated, by the way, by you, among others.

So you are fully willing to give credence to, and repeatedly repost negative rumors, but when a player tweets something that may be positive about another player you do not like, you very easily and quickly dismiss it.

I think this thread says far more about you than it says about either Martinez or Green.

100% on the money. Zoogies "never" misses a chance to diss Tmart as any internet rumor is just fine for that purpose.

As zoogies has stated, its just a freakin tweet. Just because he helped an incoming freshman with drills doesnt automatically qualify him as a leader.

People wanna see hard factual evidence as Taylor being a leader or not, resorting to twitter for that is a joke.

The fact people made a big deal about this really speaks for the microscope that everybody keeps Taylor under, postive or negative.

Just because he helped an incoming freshman with drills doesnt automatically qualify him as a leader.

Well yeah, it kinda does. Is leading people not a function of leadership? It just leaves it up to debate to what degree his leadership skills have improved. Which will always be up for debate as it's very subjective. Some people have their minds made up and will ignore whatever evidence contradicts their stance and focus on whatever evidence supports it.

As zoogies has stated, its just a freakin tweet. Just because he helped an incoming freshman with drills doesnt automatically qualify him as a leader.

People wanna see hard factual evidence as Taylor being a leader or not, resorting to twitter for that is a joke.

The fact people made a big deal about this really speaks for the microscope that everybody keeps Taylor under, postive or negative.

True enough but relative to the dreamed up internet rumors that he gets ripped apart for daily it's Moses' ten commandments.

I'm surprised you didn't pile on. Good work, HuskerScott.......

Just because he helped an incoming freshman with drills doesnt automatically qualify him as a leader.

Well yeah, it kinda does. Is leading people not a function of leadership? It just leaves it up to debate to what degree his leadership skills have improved. Which will always be up for debate as it's very subjective. Some people have their minds made up and will ignore whatever evidence contradicts their stance and focus on whatever evidence supports it.

Yes but if you helped a new co worker, does everybody stand up and shout "He is a leader!!!" Probably not. He is just helping a new teammate get his feet wet. Its no different than any other player on that team. Lets wait till atleast fall camp before we start the "Martinez is a leader" campaign.

This thread is a joke.

• Fire 2

Yes but if you helped a new co worker, does everybody stand up and shout "He is a leader!!!" Probably not. He is just helping a new teammate get his feet wet. Its no different than any other player on that team. Lets wait till atleast fall camp before we start the "Martinez is a leader" campaign.

This thread is a joke.

I don't remember many people proclaiming he's a great leader. Just a little light ribbing for people who tend to discredit the evidence that his leadership skills are, in fact, improving. Not really a big deal.