2012 Presidential Campaign - Obama vs. Romney

But which were the deciding votes? The claim was that "it's going to pass anyways so I'll vote for it." Who actually was the deciding vote?

That doesn't prove your point unless you can show that all of the Democratic voters voted before the GOP voters . . . and would have voted the same way without the GOP support.

I'll let you investigate that since I don't really think that it's my job to prove your own argument. Support it or just assert your beliefs without bothering to do the research. Your call.

I have no idea what this has to do with anything. If you're trying to assert that at least some Democrats can't make up their minds about how they're going to vote on an issue until they see how some GOP senators voted, a pretty sad commentary on their competency.

But which were the deciding votes? The claim was that "it's going to pass anyways so I'll vote for it." Who actually was the deciding vote?

That doesn't prove your point unless you can show that all of the Democratic voters voted before the GOP voters . . . and would have voted the same way without the GOP support.

I'll let you investigate that since I don't really think that it's my job to prove your own argument. Support it or just assert your beliefs without bothering to do the research. Your call.

I have no idea what this has to do with anything. If you're trying to assert that at least some Democrats can't make up their minds about how they're going to vote on an issue until they see how some GOP senators voted, a pretty sad commentary on their competency.

Regarding the bold: I completely agree. Particularly the latter.

I never said that all 60 had to be registered Democrats. Perhaps you were reading that into my post.

I was not reading that into your post. The plain language said that.

"The Dems had total control - including a filibuster-proof majority"

Now you're trying to walk that back and change it to "The Dems (and people who traditionally vote with them) had total control."

If anyone is trying to add to your quote it's yourself. Changing your argument is fine . . . but at least be honest about it.