2012 Presidential Campaign - Obama vs. Romney

This whole thing is kinda silly, since neither side can get it's sh*t together.

This is true, but one of the sides will win the White House. Silly as it is, we have to pay attention. When we stop paying attention we may as well open the doors to the Barbarians, because we're done as a nation.

True as that is, I'm becoming a fan of a dictatorship...

Does anybody know why Huckabee isn't running?

Because he'd rather be one of the dozen or so former GOP candidates who earn millions working for the Fair and Balanced Fox News.

Who would want to be involved in politics if you could make money some other way?

Does anybody know why Huckabee isn't running?

Because he'd rather be one of the dozen or so former GOP candidates who earn millions working for the Fair and Balanced Fox News.

Who would want to be involved in politics if you could make money some other way?

And you have hit the nail on the head with why we have many of the problems we do. Everything is about making money anymore, and many if not most of the politicians are using their office as a springboard to a payday later. The whole theory and idealism with wanting to go into government is to make the country a better place.

I just watched a recent episode of The Daily Show where they profiled Michele Bachmann - a leading candidate currently - and her husband's shockingly hardline anti-gay stance. She calls it a sad life, personal bondage (heh), and he compares them to barbarians.

These have to be two of the more resoundingly despicable people on earth.

Ron Paul.

The ship is on fire, and port is seven moons hence. We're in serious, serious, serious trouble.

Ideology has no place in politics anymore. Courage has no place in politics anymore. It is an endless cycle of bombastic self-promoters, sticking to their carefully crafted talking points, ready to snap to an entirely different direction the second a sizeable percentage of their potential voters disagree with whatever stance market research told them to espouse in the first place.

Hard set party liners from both sides view their affiliated group as irrefutably correct, and the other side as being dangerously incorrect, always. The thing is, though, these parties are not two different monsters. We aren't talking about Godzilla vs Mothra here. The Democrats and the Republicans are simply two heads of the same, ravenous beast. Our political system is the Hydra, and our only two viable parties are simply different heads connected to the same, insatiable horror. It will feed and feed and feed and feed upon us, lustfully, until we have all been devoured.

Then? Then the beast will starve.

• Fire 1

If I don't ever see another Democrat in the Presidency, I will be happy. I am in the USAF and the Democrats do absolutely nothing good for us. And then you have everybody going, "OH, Obama is going to bring home our troops". Not even realizing, a majority of those troops over there, knew they were going over there when they joined and a lot of them joined so they could go to the middle east and Kick Ass! I have been in since 1997 and Democrats do nothing but BAD things for the military. I'm sorry, our current President, is slowly destroying our country and we need a very smart individual with the balls to go in and fire people who are not doing their job and replace them with someone who will. The Democrats need to quit taking money from our military and giving it to F@#$ing illegal aliens, lets kick all of them out of our country, and the Republicans need to learn to work with the Democrats and not go into a stalemate where govt checks get stopped ( a$$hole$). Both sides are far from perfect and I think that if the Republicans don't get their poop in a group, we will have Obama re-elected and that IS NOT GOOD. OK, that's enough for today.

If I don't ever see another Democrat in the Presidency, I will be happy. I am in the USAF and the Democrats do absolutely nothing good for us. And then you have everybody going, "OH, Obama is going to bring home our troops". Not even realizing, a majority of those troops over there, knew they were going over there when they joined and a lot of them joined so they could go to the middle east and Kick Ass! I have been in since 1997 and Democrats do nothing but BAD things for the military. I'm sorry, our current President, is slowly destroying our country and we need a very smart individual with the balls to go in and fire people who are not doing their job and replace them with someone who will. The Democrats need to quit taking money from our military and giving it to F@#$ing illegal aliens, lets kick all of them out of our country, and the Republicans need to learn to work with the Democrats and not go into a stalemate where govt checks get stopped ( a$$hole$). Both sides are far from perfect and I think that if the Republicans don't get their poop in a group, we will have Obama re-elected and that IS NOT GOOD. OK, that's enough for today.

Heavy on emotion. Light on facts. Sounds like a die-hard GOP voter to me.

milspend.jpg

• Fire 3

milspend.jpg

Have you ever served?

milspend.jpg

Have you ever served?

Served the president? Or do you think the president serves the military?

milspend.jpg

Have you ever served?

Served the president? Or do you think the president serves the military?

a simple yes or no would've sufficed

The biggest problem for whoever is elected is that hardly any of their objectives will come to fruition because it has to get to get through Congress. So pretty much whoever is President will have their hands tied. I do agree with Obama that we have to increase the taxes on the wealthy. The wealthiest 1% of Americans holds 34% of America's net worth and the top 10% holds over 70%. The only problem is that Congress will never pass it because the majority of them are in that top 10% and they don't want to pay more taxes. But in a recession you have to go where the money is and that's with the wealthy.

Herman Cain, it was nice knowing you. I have a feeling this is just the first of several crazy comments we're going to be treated to soon:

Herman Cain: Communities have right to ban mosques

Republican presidential candidate Herman Cain said Sunday that communities have a right to ban Islamic mosques.

Appearing on "Fox News Sunday," the former Godfather's Pizza CEO said protests and legal challenges to a planned mosque in Tennessee city are an example of local residents pushing back.

Cain said his view doesn't amount to religious discrimination because he says Muslims are trying to inject Shariah law into the U.S.

Shariah is a set of core principles that most Muslims recognize and a series of rulings from religious scholars. It covers many areas of life and different sects have different versions and interpretations of the code.

Asked if his view could lead any community to stand up in opposition to a proposed mosque, Cain replied, "They could say that." He pointed to opposition to the planned mosque in Murfreesboro, Tenn., as an example.

"Let's go back to the fundamental issue that the people are basically saying that they are objecting to," Cain said. "They are objecting to the fact that Islam is both religion and (a) set of laws, Shariah law. That's the difference between any one of our other traditional religions where it's just about religious purposes.

"The people in the community know best. And I happen to side with the people in the community."

For the record - it doesn't matter if you're Muslim or believe that Muslims are all terrorists or whatever. The fact is that you cannot ban mosques, period. It is a basic tenet of our constitution.