2012 Presidential Campaign - Obama vs. Romney

Herman "Religious Freedom is Only for Christians" Cain?

I was more going for Herman "Hard work has made me what I am, not tax payers" Cain. Jab and run, it's how this board rolls.

Wiki Bio

Background

Cain was born in Memphis, Tennessee, on December 13, 1945, the son of Lenora (née Davis) and Luther Cain, Jr.[5][6] His mother was a cleaner and his father was a chauffeur.[2] He was raised in Georgia.[7] He graduated from Morehouse College in 1967 with a Bachelor of Arts degree in mathematics and received a Master of Science degree in computer science from Purdue University in 1971,[8] while he was also working full-time in ballistics for the U.S. Department of the Navy. Cain has authored four books: Leadership is Common Sense (1997), Speak as a Leader (1999), CEO of SELF (October 2001), and They Think You're Stupid (May 2005). He also authored an article titled "The Intangibles of Implementation" in the technical journal Interfaces (Vol. 9, No. 5, 1979, pp. 144-147), published by the Institute for Operations Research and the Management Sciences (INFORMS).

Business career

After completing his master's degree from Purdue, Cain left the Department of the Navy and began working for The Coca-Cola Company as a business analyst. In 1977, he joined Pillsbury where he rose to the position of Vice President by the early 1980s. He left his executive post to work for Burger King – a Pillsbury subsidiary at the time – managing 400 stores in the Philadelphia area. Under Cain's leadership, his region went from the least profitable for Burger King to the most profitable in three years. This prompted Pillsbury to appoint him President and CEO of Godfather's Pizza, another of their then-subsidiaries. Within 14 months, Cain had returned Godfather's to profitability. In 1988, Cain and a group of investors bought Godfather's from Pillsbury. Cain continued as CEO until 1996, when he resigned to become CEO of the National Restaurant Association – a trade group and lobby organization for the restaurant industry – where he had previously been chairman concurrently with his role at Godfather's.[9]

Cain became a member of the board of directors to the Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City in 1992 and served as its chairman from January 1995 to August 1996, when he resigned to become active in national politics.[10] Cain was a 1996 recipient of the Horatio Alger Award.[11]

Cain was on the board of directors of Aquila, Inc. from 1992 to 2008, and also served as a board member for Nabisco, Whirlpool, Reader's Digest, and AGCO, Inc. [12] [13].

• Fire 1

Romney, though he's only the lesser of evils. Though he'll be easy for Obama to knock over in the general election, if, for no other reason, health care.

But when you look at the field, the last best candidate for Republicans was McCain, and that got skewed all to hell as soon as he allowed the derp platform into his campaign. There are no viable candidates, save for Christie/NJ, for Republicans, to put out there...

...unless the GOP wants to succumb to derp, then in which case they have a whole plethora of pinatas from which to choose.

Romney, though he's only the lesser of evils. Though he'll be easy for Obama to knock over in the general election, if, for no other reason, health care.

But when you look at the field, the last best candidate for Republicans was McCain, and that got skewed all to hell as soon as he allowed the derp platform into his campaign. There are no viable candidates, save for Christie/NJ, for Republicans, to put out there...

...unless the GOP wants to succumb to derp, then in which case they have a whole plethora of pinatas from which to choose.

Which is why I see Obama getting another four years. It's not that Obama is such a great president, it's that there aren't any viable candidates on the other side.

Reminds me of 2004. Bush II sucked, but who are you going to vote for? Not John Kerry, that's for sure. Seems like the GOP has a couple of versions of Kerry, and then "the derp" as you so eloquently put it.

With you. I think Obama has been average . . . at best . . . but the current GOP candidates would be worse. I don't know too much about Christie but I have read a few things from him that impressed me. He seems willing to tell the other party . . . and his OWN . . . to shove it. That's admirable.

Which is why I see Obama getting another four years. It's not that Obama is such a great president, it's that there aren't any viable candidates on the other side.

Reminds me of 2004. Bush II sucked, but who are you going to vote for? Not John Kerry, that's for sure. Seems like the GOP has a couple of versions of Kerry, and then "the derp" as you so eloquently put it.

Bingo. Couldn't have said it better myself.

Eloquent? I believe you have the wrong poster, Knapplc. I wield subtlety like Captain Caveman wields his club.

And yes, I agree with everything that you said--any of the quality opponents are sitting on the sidelines. Not only do they want to go up against the Obama Juggernaut and his sizable warchest, what politician in their right mind wants to inherit an economic mess that has spanned two presidencies?

Even hard-working people can be nut jobs. Cain is definitely a nut job. The fact that he knows how to work hard and is basically a self-made man doesn't qualify him for the presidency.

Yes, let's absolutely discount an eminently well qualified man with intelligent, well reasoned positions because of a couple of sound bits that where clearly choosen to make the man look idiotic. Further let's assume a woman who has had success pushing conservative idiological ideas in a hostile environment is nuts because she might have said a couple of things I find odd. Obvioulsy a man who has served in congress long enough to know all it's dirty little secrets but is just crazy enough to tell people about them instead of profitting for himself could never be considered for the highest office in the land. This is precisely why we can't get quality people in the white house. Of course Romney will get the nomination. He's the most bland guy out there. God forbid we the people should elect someone who might want to upset the status quo that has served us so well lo these many years. Bottom line guys, your not going to get the perfect canidate, so, you might just set you sites on the best flawed human who exposes your same ideals (regardless of his or her percieved ability to win ) and stop comprimising with those who will not return the favor.

• Fire 1

Even hard-working people can be nut jobs. Cain is definitely a nut job. The fact that he knows how to work hard and is basically a self-made man doesn't qualify him for the presidency.

Yes, let's absolutely discount an eminently well qualified man with intelligent, well reasoned positions because of a couple of sound bits that where clearly choosen to make the man look idiotic. Further let's assume a woman who has had success pushing conservative idiological ideas in a hostile environment is nuts because she might have said a couple of things I find odd. Obvioulsy a man who has served in congress long enough to know all it's dirty little secrets but is just crazy enough to tell people about them instead of profitting for himself could never be considered for the highest office in the land. This is precisely why we can't get quality people in the white house. Of course Romney will get the nomination. He's the most bland guy out there. God forbid we the people should elect someone who might want to upset the status quo that has served us so well lo these many years. Bottom line guys, your not going to get the perfect canidate, so, you might just set you sites on the best flawed human who exposes your same ideals (regardless of his or her percieved ability to win ) and stop comprimising with those who will not return the favor.

If you're asserting that Michelle Bachmann and/or Herman Cain are "quality people," you and I disagree. Significantly.

Ron Paul for President. Bachmann is a disturbed person. Cain...well he's just about gone. If you would, go to YouTube and watch videos of Ron Paul, although he may be Republican, he seems like he cares enough for both sides of the political equation.

Ron Paul will never be president. Ever.

I agree. Ron Paul is a very valuable congressman, and he is doing some important work. However, he is not the type of guy I'd want in the executive branch.

Romney one of the most solid choices in the Republican field IMO, has little to do with blandness.

And Michele "Gay Lifestyle is Personal Despair" Bachmann is so far from being a quality person...

I just can't believe anybody takes Herman Cain seriously.

We want exceptional people to be presidents. Not everyday joes that you or I can "relate" to. People who want bills to be limited to 3 pages so they wouldn't be so all complicated and such.

When you come down to it...I think Obama, overall, has to be the strongest candidate for 2012, period.

I don't endorse Bachman, but I sure don't marginalize her as some batsh*t nutjob. Paul is extreme nad often less than diplomatic, but is he wrong? As to Herman Cain,I hardly think he's the average Joe. How many many corporations has the average Joe run? How many of you have the eductional and business experience of a guy like that? IMO, Romney gets the nomination because he's safe. That also is why he loses in 2012 just like the last marshmellow the Pubs ran. For some reason the GOP seems to buy the notion that it has to cater to the oposition to win the "independent swing" vote. Fact is, those who oppose you will not vote for you and by kissing their A## you alienate those who would vote with you. I Pissed away my vote last time for McCain and felt like a traitor for it. I will not make that mistake again I will vote for the canidate that I think is best for this country regardless of party or perceived chance of victory, and frankly, at this point I'm leaning Cain.