Texas A&M is rattling the SEC sabre again because of ESPN 8: The Bevo

You know what, since way too many morons have done it I'll give my own outlandish/moronic(possibly) cfb conference realignment prediction.

The SEC gets Texas aTm, Clemson, North Carolina, and the coup de gras Texas. Your own network is fine over there, and it wasn't Texas's idea to televise conference games on their own network in the first place.

The B1G TEN spurns their (stupid) supposed Syracuse and Maryland wishers and picks up KU, MIZZOU, OU, and their coupe de gras (because they cant schedule half their games after they goto 9 conference match ups) Notre Dame, who they were after all along.

The Pac gets whatever remaining big 12 teams they'll settle with and realizes their part of the country doesn't care about NCAA football anyways, and you cant make deals with Texas. If they were really forward thinking when Texas and the other 4 reneged they'd have sent TCU an invite.

But it'd take years for that to happen. There is no one death blow. Plus I am probably WAY wrong, but everyone else is (and has been) that is making those predictions too.

Edit: and if that scenario would ever happen it'd be a matter of years before the 4 biggest conferences broke off from the NCAA, created basically an NFL light, consolidated networks, and went to playoffs. That's how the playoff fappers get their wish.

Frankly I hope everything stays at 12, and the big 12 is relegated to big east status in football. That's just me.

Redblooded--the trick for making predictions this go around in realignment is to think less like a conference admin, and more like a cable network admin. When the blogger 'Frank the Tank' looked at the numbers in 2010, he couldn't believe how Nebraska blew away the competition when it came to ratings and viewership. We may be small, but we are mighty and united, and it shows in the TV ratings.

I agree that either KU or Mizzou will get a golden ticket to the Big 10 if they go to 14. But not both--too many TV sets that can be picked up out east for the Big 10 to ignore.

And of course, as you illustrated, Notre Dame would steal a ticket--likely at the expense of either KU/MU, IMO, as the BTN needs to expand their local footprint.

I did, people keep saying the big east is Notre Dame's fallback and that the big ten will have to raid and destroy that conference to try and get an eastern market and leave ND nowhere to go. My belief is, no, they don't. The big east is already pretty much irrelevant in football, what do you think they'll be if the major conferences go to 16? Notre Dame captures the east coast just as well as any of the horrible teams like Rutgers and Syracuse. It's a pro sports area. The difference is, adding KU, MU, OU, and ND would give a better inventory of games in basketball and football.

Redblooded--the Big East may be impotent in football, but they still have a golden (BCS) ticket. That BCS berth is all the relevancy that conference needs for football, and it's all the relevancy Notre Dame would need.

Plus, if you're a 'Domer, which schedule would you rather slog through--one that has TCU, Pitt, UConn, and West Virginia as your biggest teams, or a schedule that could potentially have Nebraska, Ohio State, Michigan, and Penn State on it? And don't forget, one of those schools pwned you even back when the Four Horsemen were the shiznit--pwned you so bad, in fact, that you cancelled your ongoing series with that team and blamed it on anti-Catholic sentiments.

There's somethning that makes watching a train wreck irresistible...

And one week later, Herr Beebe is quoted:

"No," Beebe said, "but some people are interested in seeing that happen, like citizens who rush to an accident to see the blood. That's what not we're discussing here."

All hail the prophet AR

And no more Nebraska to head the battle...

What battle? This is all just discussions amongst close friends. They've gotten rid of the bad guy - Nebraska. Everything is sunshine and daisies from here on out!

Yup, like a Summer's Eve commercial.

$150k/month per cable company-nice try

Stolen from a KU board

"This is basically what Chip Brown says on his show today..... you know the drill.

(Confirmed by CNBC) ESPN says that they will not recoup the $300 million paid out to the Longhorns.

* Not a single cable or dish provider has picked up on LHN, and we are 4 weeks away from launch.

*ESPN is now trying to convince Texas to restructure their deal and rebrand LHN as Big 12 Network

*Dodds is considering the above because they really think TAMU would walk to the SEC over this.

Hence why pushing the High School angle was so big by ESPN."

This whole thing is getting stuck right up their azz, and I love it!

Looks like the Huskers were on the ball and called it.

Well, recent rumors are that the other Big 12 powers-that-be, Oklahoma and Texas A&M, are growing increasingly unhappy with the LHN and Longhorn "lordship." Just a year after it appeared that realignment talk and the "super-conference" model had been settled for the foreseeable future, whispers have swiftly started again. According to Matt Hayes at Sporting News, the Sooners and Aggies have significant concerns about the potential recruiting advantages the LHN will provide. The concern is so great that both schools may be considering a switch in conference affiliation to the vaunted SEC.

http://www.aseaofblue.com/2011/7/21/2285641/recruiting-what-does-the-lhn-mean-for-the-sec

makes you wonder, what if NU stayed? what if NU stayed and got it's own network? what if NU stayed and was able to force texas to join a big XII network?

We wanted a Big 12 network. Perlman asked the other chancellors to give up their media rights to the conference. Texas said no.