Official HB Good Beer Thread

Anyone had Lucky Bucket out of Omaha, I forget the brewing co. I like it a lot and always get a 6 Pack when I am back in Nebraska.

Lucky Bucket is the name of the brewery. Their pre-prohibition lager is a good example of the style but I'm not a big fan of their IPA. Their Certified Evil ale is pretty tasty too.

Valentine's Day will come one day late this year for craft beer lovers across Omaha.

The second annual Omaha Beer Week begins Friday, and bars throughout the city will show their love for their customers with special brews, tap takeovers, beer-and-food pairings, a bus tour to various craft beer establishments, a beer festival and other events designed to increase awareness of the city's growing reputation as a craft beer town.

“We couldn't have done an Omaha Beer Week five years ago,” said Bill Baburek, owner of Crescent Moon Ale House at 36th and Farnam Streets — one of Omaha's first craft beer bars. Over the past few years, that's changed, said Baburek, who helped to originate Omaha Beer Week (which actually lasts 10 days) last year.

Jake's Cigars and Spirits opened in Benson about seven years ago as a smoke shop and began emphasizing craft beers a few years later.

Other craft bars have sprung up since, particularly in Benson, where Krug Park, Beercade and Jerry's Bar have all opened in the past 18 months.

Two breweries are slated to open in the neighborhood this year.

“In Benson alone there are like 200 taps,” Baburek said. While Benson seems to be the craft beer epicenter of Omaha, bars emphasizing craft beer have opened across the city, and existing bars have added craft beer options, he said. Drinkers have taken note, said Angela Arp, social media strategist at the Nebraska Brewing Co., 7474 Towne Center Parkway in Papillion, and one of the organizer's of Omaha Beer Week 2013 . However, many stick to neighborhood bars close to home, and to brews and breweries they've become familiar with.

http://www.omaha.com...er-a-love-story

Valentine's Day will come one day late this year for craft beer lovers across Omaha.

The second annual Omaha Beer Week begins Friday, and bars throughout the city will show their love for their customers with special brews, tap takeovers, beer-and-food pairings, a bus tour to various craft beer establishments, a beer festival and other events designed to increase awareness of the city's growing reputation as a craft beer town.

“We couldn't have done an Omaha Beer Week five years ago,” said Bill Baburek, owner of Crescent Moon Ale House at 36th and Farnam Streets — one of Omaha's first craft beer bars. Over the past few years, that's changed, said Baburek, who helped to originate Omaha Beer Week (which actually lasts 10 days) last year.

Jake's Cigars and Spirits opened in Benson about seven years ago as a smoke shop and began emphasizing craft beers a few years later.

Other craft bars have sprung up since, particularly in Benson, where Krug Park, Beercade and Jerry's Bar have all opened in the past 18 months.

Two breweries are slated to open in the neighborhood this year.

“In Benson alone there are like 200 taps,” Baburek said. While Benson seems to be the craft beer epicenter of Omaha, bars emphasizing craft beer have opened across the city, and existing bars have added craft beer options, he said. Drinkers have taken note, said Angela Arp, social media strategist at the Nebraska Brewing Co., 7474 Towne Center Parkway in Papillion, and one of the organizer's of Omaha Beer Week 2013 . However, many stick to neighborhood bars close to home, and to brews and breweries they've become familiar with.

http://www.omaha.com...er-a-love-story

Damn, maybe I should switch my trip from Albuquerque to Omaha!

But, ABQ has this:

marble-brewery-ipa.jpg

Pretty tasty

• 2 weeks later...

Alright, I like Boulevard Wheat, some of Leinenkugel's wheats, and 312. Not much of an IPA guy.

I need something new this weekend. Anything I should try?

Might want to try these:

1262910813-widmer-hefeweizen-bottle-glass-21.jpg

big-sky-brewing-trout-slayer.gif

Also, if you're not a big fan of hops you might try easing into some of the sweeter brown ales . . . like Third Stone from Empyrean. Good stuff.

I have to stop looking at this while I'm at work..... bastards...