Official HB Good Beer Thread

On 8/16/2017 at 10:48 AM, Clifford Franklin said:

Then I was out last night and I got my first taste of jalapeño ale. Tasty stuff!

kinkaider-beer-devil.jpg

On 3/8/2018 at 3:22 PM, BigRedBuster said:

I like Kinkaider.  The Devils Gap is really good when they make bloody marys with it.

Had a couple of these with my dinner at Buzzard Billy’s in the Haymarket tonight. Really liked it. Extremely similar to the Billies Chile’s beer I mentioned prior. I did not realize Kinkaider was a Nebraska brew. I discovered later, walking back to the parking garage, that Kinkaider has a taproom only about a block away from Buzzard Billy’s.

• Plus1 1

On 8/18/2018 at 9:16 AM, Redux said:

I regularly buy Rolling Rock for two reasons.  1) I like the way it tastes in bottles and 2) Most people hate it and don't ask me for beer when I have Rolling Rock

3) It about as cheap as beer comes.  They've started selling 30 packs here in Iowa for around $15-16.  Dont drink it around me..or you might have to share.

On 8/18/2018 at 9:16 AM, Redux said:

I regularly buy Rolling Rock for two reasons.  1) I like the way it tastes in bottles and 2) Most people hate it and don't ask me for beer when I have Rolling Rock

I actually like the way it tastes too.  So do my friends.  Maybe that says something about the crowd I hang out with.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

• 1 month later...
6 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

Not yet.....

Noticed them the last time I was at the liquor store and almost picked it up.

I have had a couple other Boulevard beers which were good.

I've actually tried 2 of these. The Bourbon Quad and the Whiskey Stout. I thought the Quad was a little better than the Stout.

I want to try the Rum Imperial Stout but I haven't seen it yet.

14 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

Not yet.....

Noticed them the last time I was at the liquor store and almost picked it up.

I have had a couple other Boulevard beers which were good.

I have mostly liked Boulevard and its expanding varieties since my college days. Most of their options don't make it this far East (Ohio), but I did find the Whiskey Barrel Stout recently and enjoyed it.