Official HB Good Beer Thread

Pandemics and quarantines all up in this biznatch and you buncha slackers let the good beer thread slip to page 7. Shame.

Picked up a couple new ones today. Odell's Mercenary Double IPA and Tommyknocker Green Chili infused lager.  Had the chili beer with my Mexican supper tonight and it was exactly what I wanted. This will be a good summertime brew, as I'm sure the IPA will be also.

Now get to work. No way y'all aren't drinking plenty in today's world.

On 8/5/2020 at 10:04 PM, JJ Husker said:

Pandemics and quarantines all up in this biznatch and you buncha slackers let the good beer thread slip to page 7. Shame.

Picked up a couple new ones today. Odell's Mercenary Double IPA and Tommyknocker Green Chili infused lager.  Had the chili beer with my Mexican supper tonight and it was exactly what I wanted. This will be a good summertime brew, as I'm sure the IPA will be also.

Now get to work. No way y'all aren't drinking plenty in today's world.

You are truly a man of culture JJ!

I don't know many other people who enjoy spicy beers. That Tommyknocker sounds amazing!

30 minutes ago, Danny Bateman said:

You are truly a man of culture JJ!

I don't know many other people who enjoy spicy beers. That Tommyknocker sounds amazing!

I was a little leery as I haven't been overly impressed with some other Tommyknocker brews. It wasn't overly spicy but had really good green chili flavor. I need to try it with tomato juice for a twist on a red beer.

And holy heck, that Odell's Myrcenary Double IPA is amazing. I'm kind of a hop head anyway but it may be my most favoritest IPA ever. I'm frustrated that I hadn't tried it much sooner. It was a little pricey tho, $13.99 for a sixer. But it's also 9.3% and plenty of hops. Me likey a lot.

• 1 month later...

120507515_10219645055014764_907248797768                                                                                                                                                                                       This is a pretty good Oktoberfest beer. If you like Sam Adams Oktoberfest, you'll like this.

• Plus1 1
  • 1 month later...

• 2 months later...
14 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

I'm going to rethink my wrongheadedness about Tommyknocker brews. Just tried their Blood Orange IPA and it is amazing. It's definitely an IPA but not overly hoppy and the blood orange flavor in there is awesome. Highly recommend.

Their Maple Nut Brown has always been one of my favorites. It's not the best, but it's nostalgic for me. Reminds me of going skiing in the Rockies (or more accurately, getting stuck on I-70 and stopping in Idaho Springs).

1 hour ago, RedDenver said:

Their Maple Nut Brown has always been one of my favorites. It's not the best, but it's nostalgic for me. Reminds me of going skiing in the Rockies (or more accurately, getting stuck on I-70 and stopping in Idaho Springs).

Is there anyone who hasn't had to take an extended bar break in Idaho Springs? :lol:

• Plus1 1
  • 2 weeks later...

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Been getting a little burned out on Sam Adams Octoberfest so thought I’d try a different one this year. Picked up a sixer of Bells Octoberfest Marzen yesterday. Haven’t tried it yet (I was just excited to see that my local store is finally carrying some Bells brews). Would’ve got some Two-Hearted if I had more room in the fridge right now.

large_5461e82b-ca85-44c7-8010-f9e1735703

beer-4133_8098a_hd.jpeg

• Plus1 1
11 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

Been getting a little burned out on Sam Adams Octoberfest so thought I’d try a different one this year. Picked up a sixer of Bells Octoberfest Marzen yesterday. Haven’t tried it yet (I was just excited to see that my local store is finally carrying some Bells brews). Would’ve got some Two-Hearted if I had more room in the fridge right now.

large_5461e82b-ca85-44c7-8010-f9e1735703

beer-4133_8098a_hd.jpeg

I grabbed a six-pack of Founders Oktoberfest yesterday. Pretty solid Marzen and definitely rivals Sam Adams.

• Plus1 1