Official HB Good Beer Thread

15 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

Boulder Beer Shake

Dark Chocolate Porter :thumbs

ci-boulder-beer-shake-chocolate-porter-3

My son brought me one of these today. Oh my. I’m going to buy a truckload of this stuff. Been craving a chocolate beer ever since the Yeunglings Chocolate Porter was posted and this was simply exceptional.

Boulder Beer also has another one called Shake that is a chocolate (not dark chocolate) porter. I can’t imagine it is as good as this dark one. Should be illegal.

Boulder Beer has a bunch of good beer. The food is good too.

• Plus1 1

26 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

Boulder Beer has a bunch of good beer. The food is good too.

Sadly it seems the pandemic sort of did them in. Their brewpub closed in January 2020.  They were going to close altogether but have partnered with a contract brewer to keep the brand alive.

I did not realize they were the first craft brewery in Colorado, and one of the first in the nation. I have had their Hazed & Infused and I think some others over the years. Pretty interesting story if you Google it. Sounds like the beer brand is in good hands going forward.

• Thanks 1
1 minute ago, GSG said:

I LOVE regular Two Hearted, but I was not a big fan of the double. Still that's not a cheap beer to gift 

Yeah, double IPAs are expensive to brew. It takes a lot bigger grain bill to drive that alcohol content up into the 11% range in addition to the heavy use of hops.  I haven’t tried this one yet….but it is getting to be late Friday afternoon.:lol:

1 minute ago, JJ Husker said:

Yeah, double IPAs are expensive to brew. It takes a lot bigger grain bill to drive that alcohol content up into the 11% range in addition to the heavy use of hops.  I haven’t tried this one yet….but it is getting to be late Friday afternoon.:lol:

You'll have to let me know how you like it. I had to go to a bunch of different stores to find it the last time I bought it and then I just wasn't a huge fan

2 hours ago, GSG said:

You'll have to let me know how you like it. I had to go to a bunch of different stores to find it the last time I bought it and then I just wasn't a huge fan

I like it okay but it isn’t as good as the regular two hearted. Its been awhile since I’ve had one but I think they may have used different (more flowery) hops in the double and its not as well balanced. The higher alcohol content makes it a little sharper and lighter bodied. Not bad by any means but I prefer the regular.

Edit- okay, that was through the first half pint. Now that I’m finishing it up, I sort if don’t like it. I don’t think I’d ever go out if my way to get more. Really, it tastes nothing like the regular two hearted. Ive had many better IPAs than this double. It was better very cold but as it warmed a bit not too good.

On the plus side, I’ve only had 1 but it feels like 2 or 3. Goodnight.

• Haha 1
  • 3 weeks later...

58c671e4256b8516c330aeb0060c4e8c_640x640

Grimm Brothers- The Dude Abides White Russian Stout.

Like this one a lot. A lighter bodied stout with definite notes of kahlua/coffee. Possibly even a cream flavor in there but that might just be the name influencing me. Usually I’m good with one maybe two stouts but I’d almost call this one sessionable. 

• 3 weeks later...

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...