Official HB Good Beer Thread

Going to be in Lincoln this weekend. Staying at a place within walking distance of 3 taprooms; Boiler Brewing, Catalyst Brewing and Zipline. I’ve tried Zipline Copper Alt before but nothing from the other two. Both Boiler and Catalyst have some interesting sounding beers. Any recommendations?

51 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

Going to be in Lincoln this weekend. Staying at a place within walking distance of 3 taprooms; Boiler Brewing, Catalyst Brewing and Zipline. I’ve tried Zipline Copper Alt before but nothing from the other two. Both Boiler and Catalyst have some interesting sounding beers. Any recommendations?

The Night Before

Shakers, but it might be closed.

• Haha 1

The ones that I want to try are;

Catalyst

Blood Orange Lager

Hawaiian Porter

Boiler

Coconut Caramel Apple Delight Stout

Alarm Clock Coffee Stout

3 Way Chocolate Stout

Drunkel Tim Munich Dunkel

Double Koo Koo Coffee Nilla Gorilla Stout

Boiler has some long strange names. I’m going to have to stick with 4oz tasters there or it won’t matter how short the walking distance.

On 5/12/2022 at 11:32 AM, JJ Husker said:

The ones that I want to try are;

Catalyst

Blood Orange Lager

Hawaiian Porter

Boiler

Coconut Caramel Apple Delight Stout

Alarm Clock Coffee Stout

3 Way Chocolate Stout

Drunkel Tim Munich Dunkel

Double Koo Koo Coffee Nilla Gorilla Stout

Boiler has some long strange names. I’m going to have to stick with 4oz tasters there or it won’t matter how short the walking distance.

Okay, here’s my report.

Went to Boiler first. Started with the Alarm Clock Coffee Stout. It was reasonably good, definite coffee flavor. Then I tried the Coconut Caramel Apple Delight. I did not like it at all. Too much going on with this beer. The apple component made it undrinkable imo. Guy I was with had tried the Coconut Pineapple Whip Selzer and was raving about it so I gave it a go. I’m not a selzer or cider fan but this s#!t was amazing. It was basically a liquid pina colada. Loved it. Move over mimosa. This stuff would be excellent for breakfast, brunch, whatever.

Went to Catalyst next. The Hawaiian Porter sounded great bit didn’t deliver. I really wanted to give the Blood Orange Lager a go but they were out. By this time I was feeling pretty good and went with the tried and true Kincaider Devils Gap Jalapeño Ale. I really like that beer but I already knew that. Had some of their Fried Mushroom Strips and Avocado Fries. Both apps very good. Actually went back there tonight and had another Devils Gap with the same apps. But the star of the day was definitely that Pineapple Whip Selzer. Going to see if I can buy some of that to take back to Colorado.

• Plus1 1
  • 3 months later...

Checked out a new spot "in" Loveland; Mountain Cowboy Brewing. Their home spot is in Frederick. 

Had their Fire on the Mountain IPA; lots of fruity notes with a habanero spice. Also had their amber which was pretty good.

Interesting location though. It's basically a building in new subdivision. Nice patio with good views. They also roast their own coffee and have homemade pastries. 

• 11 months later...

9 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

I’m not sure where all Weldwerks distributes to. The brewery is here in Greeley, halfway between my home and work so that’s kinda handy. Except their stuff is pretty pricey.

Yeah there is this huge warehouse liquor store close to my house and they have soooo many of those 4 packs of crazy beers.  Expensive but they do look good.

• Oh Yeah! 1