Official HB Good Beer Thread

Made my first trip to Beertopia this past weekend, pretty cool place. I also tried Ghost Face Killah for the first time as well. It was rather unpleasant.

Yeah . . . . ouch.

Made my first trip to Beertopia this past weekend, pretty cool place. I also tried Ghost Face Killah for the first time as well. It was rather unpleasant.

I told ya! :lol:

Once I found a bottle of it I had to at least give it a whirl to say I tired it. It actually had more flavor than I thought it would, I was expecting straight lava. On a side note, Abita is quickly becoming one of my favorite brewers. I've had a few of there's and I haven't really been disappointed yet. Usually I am not big on the fruity stuff but I tried the strawberry lager this weekend and it was pretty damn good. It was just a small hint of fruitiness and it really gave it some good flavor. Would be nice for the summer.

-Abitastrawberry2012.JPG

If you like sours (and you'll probably love them or hate them . . . with nothing in between) you should try Monk's Cafe Flemish Sour.

Brouwerij Van Steenberge N.V.

4071894543_034d0bd041.jpg

Count me in the camp of hating sours. It's not so much that I hate them but when something is portrayed as being a beer, it seems sours are extremely un-beerlike. Now if somebody gave me one and said "try this crappy wine", I'd probably think it was ok. :cheers

This was one of my Favs when we went to Madison WI last year:

beer-94.jpg

A little off subject but I've actually used New Glarus bottles when bottling my homebrew. We're always on the lookout for good clean empty beer bottles to bottle in and I'd never seen or heard of New Glarus before getting a couple cases of empties. And then you posted this pic.....small world.

Was in Sedona, AZ quite a few years back but still to this day it's probably my favorite beer I've had. The Pale Ale made by Oak Creek Brewing Company in Sedona. Can't find it anywhere unless you know someone who can pick it up for you in Sedona. Oh, how I miss it.

OakCreekPaleAle.jpg

Count me in the camp of hating sours. It's not so much that I hate them but when something is portrayed as being a beer, it seems sours are extremely un-beerlike. Now if somebody gave me one and said "try this crappy wine", I'd probably think it was ok. :cheers

Eh. The same could be said about most of the extreme beers. Bourbon County Stout, etc.

I'll take good taste wherever I can find it. Sours included.

• Fire 1
  • 3 months later...

Peace Tree Imperial Stout. It's ok. I was trying to find the sweet corn beer made by the same brewer but the store was sold out. Settled for this stout. Solid but nothing to write home about.

peace_tree-imperial-stout.jpg

Edit: I'd already posted Monk's Cafe. :facepalm:

Myrcenary Double IPA (O'Dell doesn't make many bad beers.)

Odell_Myrcenary_IPA.jpg

• Fire 1