Official HB Good Beer Thread

I normally have never liked dark beers. But, I'm actually trying to cut back on my alcohol consumption so I'm trying to drink more of them and just sip them instead of chugging a beer like I do light beers. I'm starting to acquire a taste for them

I am starting to be able to tolerate drinking an IPA. That may be a bad thing. Tried a beer called Mississippi Mud the other day. Came in a 32oz jug. Wasn't too bad. My big problem is that I am starting to really like drinking whiskey and diet coke. I never used to drink hard stuff.

I normally have never liked dark beers. But, I'm actually trying to cut back on my alcohol consumption so I'm trying to drink more of them and just sip them instead of chugging a beer like I do light beers. I'm starting to acquire a taste for them

I am starting to be able to tolerate drinking an IPA. That may be a bad thing. Tried a beer called Mississippi Mud the other day. Came in a 32oz jug. Wasn't too bad. My big problem is that I am starting to really like drinking whiskey and diet coke. I never used to drink hard stuff.

Well....I got to a point where beer gave me horrible heart burn. Ever since college I liked Jim Beam and 7up. So, I just drank that and got along fine without beer. THEN, I lost a bunch of weight. That's when the problems started. Now, if I drink the way I used too, it affects me ONE HECK of a lot more. Let's just say there have been a few embarrassing moments the last 12 months. BUT, then I realized that beer doesn't give me heart burn anymore.

So, I have shunned off my Jim Beam and 7s. Now, I am looking for that beer that I can just hold and sip on and not just chug. I think my problem was that before when I tried dark beers I tried drinking them like I did a Bud LIght (gone in 5 minutes). Now, I sit and enjoy them more and actually drink less.

Doing the same thing with wine.

We have a kegerator at our place, but all that is ever in it is busch light...puke

YOU BITE YOUR TONGUE!

I had a kegerator in college too. Those things are dangerous. We'd come home for lunch between classes and 1 beer with lunch would turn into 6 . . .

Ha, how do you drink that stuff? It's not terrible, I'd probably never buy a case unless it is dirt cheap though.

It's sort of a family tradition . . . and a regional thing to some extent. Small town Nebraska loves Busch Light.

Nothing wrong with Busch Lt. have drank quite a bit of it in my day. Out here in Idaho the cheap beer of choice is actually Keystone Lt., yuck. There is also a lot of Rolling Rock drank around here. That stuff tastes like skunk piss.

Nothing wrong with Busch Lt. have drank quite a bit of it in my day. Out here in Idaho the cheap beer of choice is actually Keystone Lt., yuck. There is also a lot of Rolling Rock drank around here. That stuff tastes like skunk piss.

Agree on all counts particularly the Rolling Rock = skunk piss part.

• 2 weeks later...

to everyone that has been posting in this thread: what do you like to drink during the summer? i like a good stout or dark beer, but not so much when grilling.

YES, I like to drink during the summer.............. oh, what do I like? Cold beer.

Seriously though, I prefer wheat beers, high hop IPA's, and pale ales in the warmer months.

I tend to go with Begians, darker low hop beers, and stouts during the colder months.

That's not to say I won't venture about anything at any time beer wise. IPA's are good all the time IMO.

BTW- Now I understand why so many of my relatives and friends in Nebraska seem to have endless supplies of Busch Light. I don't dislike it per se it's just that I don't pound em like the old college days so I try to save it for better stuff.

Shock-Tops-Honeycrisp-Apple-Wheat-Beer.jpg

Had this beer the other night.... Friggin' incredible.

Tried this on tap over the weekend. I was a little worried when the bar maid brought it over since I could smell apples from about 20 feet away. The apple flavor wasn't over-powering or overly sweet. I still think I could only drink a couple at a time. Maybe more on a hot summer day though.

Shock-Tops-Honeycrisp-Apple-Wheat-Beer.jpg

Had this beer the other night.... Friggin' incredible.

Tried this on tap over the weekend. I was a little worried when the bar maid brought it over since I could smell apples from about 20 feet away. The apple flavor wasn't over-powering or overly sweet. I still think I could only drink a couple at a time. Maybe more on a hot summer day though.

Almost picked up a sixer of that for my wifes bunko party this last weekend. She always has me get the booze and then kicks me out of the house for the night. My payoff is I get to try some lighter stuff I wouldn't normally try (I get 1, her and her friends get the rest). But, I went with the Woodchuck hard cider this time. Didn't care too much for it. I like beer *in my best Goldmember voice* The lighter, fruity stuff is definitely a onsie twosie summer thing for me.